- UW commit and all around renaissance man Van Soderberg was profiled for King 5's Prep Zone this week giving us a glimpse into his busy life. Along with being one of the nations top punters, Soderberg is also an accomplished musician having composed numerous pieces of music:
- Prep Zone also featured commit Brandon Wellington who shared his family's story of struggle and perseverance surrounding his mother's battle with lupus and kidney failure:
- Washington continues to do well with 2017 4-star CB Deommodore Lenoir. Lenoir told Scott Eklund this week that he had a great visit last weekend watching UW throttle the Wildcats. He says he would like to take another trip to Montlake later this month to take in the Apple Cup. That would make at least 3 trips up to UW for the Salesian High star this year as he also attended the Rising Stars camp in June.
- 2017 3-star Anaheim Servite QB Tyler Lytle also spoke with Scott Eklund about his recent visit to UW when the Huskies played Oregon. Lytle noted the game day atmosphere as his favorite part of the visit. He says the he is in weekly contact with UW coaches and that they could be close to offering him. As is the case with most highly recruited QBs, Tyler says he plans to make an early commitment.
- Washington is the latest offer for 3-star 2017 DE Deonte Johnson and he says UW coaches have been recruiting him pretty hard. Rivals' Adam Gorney attempts to break down Johnson's recruitment, but concludes that at this point it is anyone's game for the Sacramento DE.
- 2017 TE Colby Parkinson spoke with Brandon Huffman about the current state of his recruitment. Parkinson visited UW earlier in the season.
- Chandler (AZ) ATH Chase Lucas will make his commitment on Monday. It is widely expected that he will follow his teammate N'Keal Harry in choosing the Sun Devils:
- I missed this last weekend, but OL Luke Wattenberg was named one of Scout's top recruits of the week. Wattenberg is having himself a stellar senior season.
- UW is the latest offer for 2017 LB Javaris Steward. Steward had a very hectic day in October in which he committed to USC when they offered and then very quickly afterward, as in a few hours later, retracted his pledge citing the fact that the Trojans don't have a permanent head coach and that he wants to see what else is out there first.
- Washington did not host many visitors last weekend, but one of the few that were there was 2017 Salesian QB Robbie Blosser. Blosser is a teammate of Deommodore Lenoir:
- UW commit Daniel Bridge-Gadd has had himself a very impressive high school career:
Bridge-Gadd has 7,817 career passing yards and 99 TD passes— Richard Obert (@azc_obert) November 5, 2015
- It was a packed house inside the UW football facilities this weekend as numerous highly rated prospects made the trip to Montlake to watch the Huskies battle the Utes:
Washington will have three SoCal 2017 Scout 300 prospects on unofficials this wknd: WR Terrell Bynum, CB Keith Taylor and S Brandon McKinney— Brandon Huffman (@BrandonHuffman) November 2, 2015
Seattle bound ✈️— Jaelan Phillips (@JJPhillips15) November 7, 2015
- Terrell Bynum looks pretty good in
purpleblack and gold:
- 2017 WR Isaiah Hodgins received an offer just prior to the game yesterday:
- QB Tristan Gebbia also left UW with an offer: