- UW volleyball continues to dominate as they swept then-undefeated #1 USC on Friday and won convincingly against #8 UCLA 3 sets to 1 on Sunday.
- Senior libero Cassie Strickland was awarded Pac-12 defensive player of the week honors for her role in the weekend matches.
- The volleyball Dawgs (VolleyDawgs?) moved up two spots to #3 in the latest AVCA poll:
- Washington received lots of love from the ESPN Pac-12 blog after a dominating win over Arizona. They also have Jake Browning at #2 in their weekly QB power ratings.
- The Huskies' game against Arizona State will kick off at Noon Pacific time (that's 1 p.m. mountain time if you're heading down to the game in Tempe):
- If you were watching the ASU-Oregon game last Thursday you may have noticed a bunch of big white sheets being used on Oregon's sideline. Well that's because Oregon was trying its hardest to shield their signals from the ASU coaches. Oregon OC Scott Frost says he has never competed against a team who goes to such great lengths to steal signals as the Sun Devils do.
- Chris Petersen held his weekly press conference yesterday and Adam Jude has video and a transcript of the presser. Petersen noted one thing that really caught his attention in the dominating win over the Wildcats was yards after catch. He said too often this season receivers would catch the ball and almost immediately go down. That changed on Saturday night.
- Game notes, including this week's depth chart, for the Utah game can be found here.
- Travis Feeney played out of his mind on Saturday and he was awarded yesterday with Pac-12 defensive player of the week honors:
- Mason Kelley has another outstanding photo gallery for your viewing pleasure. Here is my personal favorite from Halloween night: