- 2017 DE Hunter Echols is beginning to see his recruitment take off as he recently received his first offer from San Jose State. Washington is among a number of Pac-12 schools showing interest in the LA prospect.
- Byron Murphy is getting closer to making his commitment. Washington is one of 4 schools Murphy is thought to still be considering, but I would bet he chooses either Texas A&M or ASU.
- Washington only has about 4 spots left to fill in the 2016 recruiting class so we aren't going to see nearly as many diamonds in the rough this year that Chris Petersen has been known to find. One local kid who could be a preferred walk-on candidate is Lakes WR/DE Chris Hunter. He told Scott Eklund that Washington coaches were planning on going to his game against Eastside Catholic this weekend.
- Since UW is nearly finished with the 2016 class they have been spending quite a bit of time focusing on 2017 and 2018 prospects. Sophomore CB Braden Lenzy out of Tigard, OR has been hearing from UW and took a visit up to Montlake earlier in the season.
- Scout's Brandon Huffman has some game highlights of Brandon Wellington.
- With 3 TDs on Friday, Wellington helped his Eastside Catholic Crusaders cruise past Lakes and earn a spot in the state title game for the 4th year in a row.
- Brandon Huffman likes what UW is getting in Wellington:
4* Brandon Wellington has some of the best closing speed I've seen from an OLB in this class. So rangy and sudden when he makes a hit.— Brandon Huffman (@BrandonHuffman) November 21, 2015
- One of the stars of the 2016 recruiting class, Sean McGrew, was named the SoCal Prep Legend of the week.
- The guys from Dawgman.com spent some time talking Husky recruiting on their radio show with Scott Eklund this week (starts at about 34:25). Among the tidbits they shared was that Amandre Williams has reaffirmed his commitment to Washington. UW had been looking at Texas DE Bronson Massie as a possible replacement for Williams.
- Jonathan Kongbo has committed to Tennessee:
- There were a few visitors who came up for the Apple Cup on Friday:
2018 OT Jacob Isaia (He posted a bunch of pictures of his visit on Twitter)
2018 Bothell QB Jacob Sirmon
2016 Vancouver Evergreen RB Rey Green
I will be visiting the University of Washington this Friday! #GoDawgs— Rey Rey (@Green4Heismen) November 25, 2015
UW commits Amandre Williams and Luke Wattenberg
- This morning it was announced that Georgia has fired head coach Mark Richt. Of course the gem of UGA's recruiting class is none other than Lake Stevens QB Jacob Eason and naturally UW fans wondered if Eason might flip to Washington. To me it would seem extremely unlikely for that to happen. It has been well known that Eason never really clicked with Jonathan Smith and I doubt anything has changed on that front. Jacob wants to be in a pro style offense. The Dawgman guys predicted Michigan and Florida as possible destinations for Eason if he decommits from Georgia.
- Someone in last week's recruiting update suggested having a spreadsheet of current commits as a way to visualize where UW is at in recruiting and I thought that was a good idea so I put one together: