Peters nets fourth pick as Chiefs roll
Kansas City rookie corner Marcus Peters hauled in his fourth interception of the season in the Chiefs (4-5) lopsided 29-13 win over the rival Denver Broncos (7-2) Sunday. Peters pick was one of five for the Chiefs defense, four of which came against a struggling Peyton Manning. Manning broke Brett Favre's career passing record early in the game, and did little from there, throwing for only 35 yards, and finishing with a zero quarterback rating before being benched in the third quarter. For Peters, his fourth pick of the season leads the Chiefs defense this season, and keeps him on pace for a possible Defensive Rookie of the year award this season.
Goldson leads Redskins D in 30 point victory
Washington safety Dashon Goldson recorded his first interception as a Redskin -- a pick six -- in his teams lopsided 47-17 victory over the New Orleans Saints (4-6). The interception was returned for a 35 yard score that sealed the victory for a Redskins (4-5) team suddenly on the upswing. Goldson also added five tackles in the victory.
Dashon Goldson pick-sixes Drew Brees...and starts the Deion high-step about 18 yards out. #NOvsWAS https://t.co/yB4LTsPRgn— NFL (@NFL) November 15, 2015
Hau'oli Kikaha returned from injury for the Saints and recorded one quarterback hit in the Saints loss.
Sankey returns as Titans fall
Earler in the week it appeared Bishop Sankey would see no action for a second consecutive week in the Tennessee Titans backfield. However, interim head coach Mike Mularkey reversed course following what he deemed a good week of practice for the struggling running back, inserting Sankey into limited action Sunday. Sankey carried twice for seven yards as the Titans (2-7) fell to the undefeated Carolina Panthers 27-10.
Shaq Thompson recorded one tackle for the victorious Panthers (9-0).
Mularkey said David Cobb could play on Thursday. Said Bishop Sankey played Sunday because he had a good week of practice— Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports) November 16, 2015
Around the NFL
- Jermaine Kearse had one reception for 10 yards in the Seattle Seahawks (4-5) home loss to the Arizona Cardinals (7-2) Sunday night
- Danny Shelton recorded a tackle, and kicker Travis Coons made a 23 yard field goal as the Cleveland Browns (2-8) 30-9 loss the the rival Pittsburgh Steelers (6-4). Coons also missed an extra point in the contest
- Chris Polk had 14 yards on four carries for the Houston Texans(4-5) as they handed the Cincinnati Bengals (8-1) their first loss of the season, 10-6 on Monday
- Fullback Marcel Reece and the Oakland Raiders both had quiet offensive afternoons Sunday in the Raiders (4-5) 30-14 setback to the Minnesota Vikings (7-2). Reece finished with one reception for no yards in the defeat.
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins remained out with injury as the Tampa Bay Bucs (4-5) defeated the Dallas Cowboys (2-7) 10-6 Sunday
Follow me on Twitter @GQuintero_84 and check us out @UWonSBN