- The biggest news of the week of course was Washington coaches being the first to offer local prospects 2017 TE Hunter Bryant and 2018 QB Jacob Sirmon:
- Scott Eklund was able to catch up with both of those guys and gauge their early interest in UW. Here is the feature on Bryant and here is the one on Jacob Sirmon.
- Sean McGrew has found himself in impressive company as he is 1 of 10 players in the running for Maxpreps' Player of the Year honor.
- Camilo Eifler has set his official visit date and he chose a good one:
Washington vs Oregon October 17th. Catch me there ❕#GoDawgs— Camilo Eifler (@_miloeifler) September 30, 2015
He also lent his hand in recruiting
- Elite DT prospect Boss Tagaloa released his list of top 5 schools and Washington fans will be pleased to know the Huskies made the cut:
#Washington makes the top five for 2016 four-star Concord (Calif.) De La Salle DT Boss Tagaloa. Arizona, Cal, Michigan & UCLA other four.— Lars Hanson (@LarsHanson) September 30, 2015
- Washington coaches are still looking for their QB in 2016 and one of the prospects they have their eyes on is Sheldon (OR) passer Justin Herbert. Northwest Elite Index writes about how Herbert has turned heads this season. Through his first 4 games Herbert has thrown for over 1200 yards and 14 touchdowns against 2 interceptions with a 128.8 QBR.
- A new name to look out for is New Mexico State QB commit Daniel Bridge-Gadd out of Paradise Valley in Arizona. Bridge-Gadd was recently offered by Jonathan Smith. ($)
- Scout put up some early season highlights of Husky CB commit Kentrell Love. Kentrell was an unofficial visitor last weekend and he spoke with Scott Eklund about his first gameday experience at Husky Stadium.
- Arizona DT prospect Garrett Rand chose to spend his college years in Big 10 country committing to Wisconsin this week:
- One of the top 2017 DEs in the West will be visiting UW in November.
- Another visitor at the Cal game last weekend was 2017 TE prospect Patrick Brown. He spoke with Scott Eklund about his time on Montlake.
- Devin Asiasi has locked in 3 of his official visits already and says he is deciding between Washington, Oregon, and Michigan for those final 2 spots.
- 2017 RB Connor Wedington out of Sumner is one of the top local 2017 prospects and he says Washington is the school that has been talking to him the most.
- As always Scott Eklund compiled the stats of Washington commits from last week's games.