Expect the drama levels to ramp up across the nation today as the College Football scene begins to really dive into conference play. There are many compelling games this weekend, even with UW taking it's BYE week. Here is a little bit of what I'll be watching:
- I covered the P12 games in a post earlier this week, but I think it bears repeating here: the Arizona State Sun Devils are desperate. There is no reason to think ASU should be able to go into UCLA and win there, but they must if they want to keep hope alive this season.
- #13 Alabama is traveling into #8 Georgia as an underdog today. I'm not buying it. No chance that Alabama drops a second game this early in the season. Take Alabama all the way.
- Texas Tech is in the second game of a two-game gauntlet taking on TCU and then traveling to Baylor. They almost pulled off the wild upset a week ago. Can the Red Raider magic happen two weeks in a row? It would not shock me.
- #3 Ole Miss traveling to #25 Flordia (yup, Florida is ranked) is an interesting matchup. Ole Miss's offense is very efficient and effective. The Gators D is completely yoked. It'll be interesting to see who imposes whose will.
- Air Force travels to Navy today in a matchup of servce academies. These kinds of games are simply a treat to watch as it is football in its most pure form supported by fans who have a special investment in their schools.
Enjoy football today, folks. This is your open thread.