Kearse finds stride as Seahawks crush Niners
The Seattle Seahawks moved back within a game of the .500 mark on Thursday with a 20-3 win over the rival San Francisco 49ers, and former Husky wide receiver Jermaine Kearse rebounded from a zero reception performance the week before. Kearse was targeted four times by Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson, catching three of those passes for 64 yards, including a long reception of 36 yards. Kearse now leads Seahawks wide receivers in yards with 338, and in catches for 20 or more yards with eight this season.
Goldson, 'Skins defeat Bucs late
Washington Redskins safety Dashon Goldson played a key role late in his teams 31-30 win over his former team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, after trailing 24-0 at one point Sunday. Goldson had a key tackle on a 3rd and goal run by the Bucs with 2:25 remaining in the game, forcing Tampa to settle for a field goal. With the door left open the Redskins marched down the field and secured the victory (the biggest come-from-behind win in team history) with a touchdown pass late in the contest. Goldson finished with a team high 14 total tackles in the victory.
Mason Foster suffered a hamstring injury for the Redskins in the victory, the extend of which is not yet known.
Texans crushed by Dolphins 44-26
A disaster of a season for the Houston Texans got worse Sunday against the Miami Dolphins. The Texans fell behind 41-0 at halftime, eventually losing 44-26. Houston also lost running back Arian Foster for the remainder of the season with a torn Achilles. The injury possibly opens the door for former Husky Chris Polk to see more action at running back for the struggling Texans. Polk had four rushes for four yards and two receptions for 14 yards in Houston's latest setback.
Around the NFL
- The Carolina Panthers Shaq Thompson missed the teams game against the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday night as he continues to recover from a knee injury suffered in last weeks victory over the Seahawks
Desmond Trufant recorded one tackle for the Atlanta Falcons in their 10-7 victory over the Tennessee Titans. Running back Bishop Sankey was largely unused by the Titans Sunday, targeted on one pass attempt, but finishing with no offensive yards on the day.
- Marcus Peters continued his solid rookie campaign for the Kansas City Chiefs, picking up another four tackles in his teams second win of the season, a 23-13 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Cleveland Browns kicker Travis Coons accounted for all of his teams offense in a 24-6 loss to the St. Louis Rams. Coons remained perfect on field goals this season, adding two, including a 44 yarder in the loss. Danny Shelton played despite a knee injury, but was quiet in the loss, failing to record a tackle for the first time this season
- Hau'oli Kikaha had three tackles for the suddenly hot New Orleans Saints. The Saints won their third game in their last four tries with a 27-21 victory over the Indianapolis Colts
- Marcel Reece had three receptions for 15 yards in the Oakland Raiders win over the San Diego Chargers Sunday afternoon
Follow me on Twitter @GQuintero_84 and check us out @UWonSBN