- As always, Chris Petersen held his weekly press conference yesterday and you can find the video and transcript here.
- The game notes for this weekend's match up against Oregon have been posted on GoHuskies.com.
- Just a day after announcing head coach Steve Sarkisian would be taking a leave of absence to seek treatment, AD Pat Haden released a statement saying the school has formally fired Sark.
- Speaking of USC and with impeccable timing, ESPN's new season of its 30 for 30 series kicks off tonight with a look at the rise and fall of USC football under Pete Carroll.
- A new episode of The Pursuit is set to be released soon and by the looks of it Chris Mitchell has hit it out of the park again:
Coming soon: #ThePursuit, Episode 3. #BuiltForLife Stay tuned. pic.twitter.com/6HXaITXRTM— UW Football (@UW_Football) October 12, 2015
- In preparation for the Oregon game on Saturday if you'd like to refresh your memory on the history of one of the most underrated rivalries in college football, look no further than right here.
- If you're a fan of HowlingHusky and want to meet him in person he'll be signing autographs and taking selfies in the North lot this Saturday at the UWDP tailgate.
- Pro Football Focus had some time on their hands and decided to grade and rank every NFL linebacker and former Husky Hau'oli Kikaha checks in at #15.
- PFF also showed some love to a few current UW defensemen:
@KevinShockey In case you want to use them: PFF has Littleton at #5 of 104 OLBs, Bierria at #7 of 196 ILBs, and Sydney Jones #9 of 419 CBs.— Kevin Zatloukal (@kczat) October 9, 2015
- Tim Booth of the AP writes about how Washington hopes the win against USC is evidence of accelerated progress in their young team.
- The folks over at ESPN's Pac-12 blog predict the Huskies will receive a bid to play in the Sun Bowl. A couple other ESPN pundits feel Washington will be back in Phoenix this January.
- Washington is an early favorite over the Ducks. If you're a Husky fan in 6th grade reading this, this is the 1st time in your life the Huskies have been favored in this game:
Washington, which hasn't beaten Oregon in 12 years is an early 2-point favorite vs. the Ducks.— Stewart Mandel (@slmandel) October 11, 2015
- Dejounte Murray and David Crisp had a lot of fun taking part in the Pac-12 Network's teammate challenge: