- Danny Shelton got himself a workout Saturday.
UW's 339-pound senior nose tackle, Danny Shelton, played 72 of 97 snaps v. HI. In 100-degree heat. Had game-high 12 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 TFL.— Adam Jude (@A_Jude) September 2, 2014
- Adam Jude profiles John Ross, talking about the wide receiver's decision to almost quit football in high school.
- Christian Caple sums up the ugly truth before the Huskies this week: Against Eastern Washington, "the Huskies probably can't play like they did against Hawaii and expect to win." Caple also examines EWU quarterback Vernon Adams Jr., who has garnered some pretty favorable comparisons to players like Russell Wilson, Johnny Manziel and Fran Tarkenton.
- Dawgman's Marshall Cherrington has a very optimistic view of the Husky program this fall. (To be fair, he published this before the Hawaii game. It would be interesting to see if his expectations have changed.)
- Mason Kelly has the details from the team's trip to Pearl Harbor, and talks about Hau'oli Kikaha's "business trip" to his home state of Hawaii last weekend.
Washington took a tumble in the ESPN Pac-12 Blog's power rankings.
- Bishop Sankey seems to be hitting his stride at just the right time.
- Washington was recognized as the No. 1 green football school.
Wrapping up Saturday's nail-biting victory, and looking ahead to Eastern Washington.