See kids, ... Dots, Dots are bad, mkay?
- If you've missed it, take five minutes to read Chris' piece as he steps back from the trees and views the Washington football forest in its entirety.
- Tim Booth spoke to Shaq Thompson about his much-heralded role as a two-way player this fall.
- Adam Jude has a lot of great stuff on the Seattle Times's Husky Football Blog from yesterday's first day of practice(s). Give it a scan if you haven't been there in the last 24 hours.
- Jude's story for the paper proper centers on Hau'oli Kikaha's transition from defensive end to BUCK linebacker. Elsewhere at the Times, Larry Stone was impressed by what he saw at Washington's first practice.
- Mason Kelly writes about the new practice uniforms that the Dawgs debuted yesterday. Don't forget to check out the GoHuskies photo gallery, too.
- The Daily writes about the development of the younger players in the defensive secondary.
- The Portland Tribune ponders the heights to which Chris Petersen might ascend on the shores of Lake Washington.
- If you haven't seen it yet, Christian Caple has video of Chris Petersen's Sunday press conference. The big news coming out of it is that DE Marcus Farria is out, and DT Vita Vea is in.
- The battle for Jacob "Skinny" Eason, the top-rated 2016 quarterback from Lake Stevens who recently committed to Georgia, doesn't appear to be over. Scott Eklund talked to Eason yesterday at practice in this premium story at Dawgman.com.
Interesting: Lake Stevens QB Jacob Eason, one of top recruits for 2016, is watching UW practice. He committed to Georgia last month.— Adam Jude (@A_Jude) August 5, 2014
- Gregg Bell is off to the Tacoma News Tribune to anchor their Seahawks beat. I know I speak for the rest of the Pound when I say that his work will be missed. Congratulations on the new opportunity, Gregg!
- Check out the UW Athletics and UW Football Instagram pages for images directly from practice this fall.
- If you're planning on attending UW's open practice, you should note that the date that practice will be open is Aug. 13, not Aug. 11 as was previously reported.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive coordinator and former Cal head coach Jeff Tedford has been impressed with Austin Seferian-Jenkins' play in camp, calling ASJ "a really bright guy who has caught on really fast."
- Starting in 2016, the hardcourt Dawgs will begin anew their rivalry with Gonzaga.
- Women's basketball head coach Mike Neighbors is using his Instagram page to reveal the team's upcoming non-conference schedule.