The college football season has officially kicked off. Andy Williams had it all wrong: This is the most wonderful time of the year.
- Washington released the first episode of its web series "The Pursuit" on Wednesday.
- Mason Kelly writes about the nearly two centuries of combined coaching experience that Washington's staff possesses, and also profiles Hau'oli Kikaha's homecoming trip to the islands.
- Taylor Barton says that Jeff Lindquist needs to make the most of his opportunities Saturday.
- Christian Caple has video interviews with Micah Hatchie and Kasen Williams, as well as a story on recent scholarship recipient Brian Clay.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cCD8r9Q3PHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- The Salt Lake Tribune says that all eyes are on Chris Petersen in his first year coaching a Power 5 team. Relatedly, Coach Pete's debut is drawing eyes all the way from South Carolina.
- Lindy's Sports points out a few key players in the Hawaii-Washington contest.
- The ice baths in Boise will have no shortage of users after last night's game against Ole Miss.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Let tha bodies hit tha flo <a href="https://t.co/uSo6okBCVs">https://t.co/uSo6okBCVs</a></p>— SB Nation GIF (@SBNationGIF) <a href="https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/statuses/505168750149373952">August 29, 2014</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
BREAKING: Cougars in Seattle are still Cougars.
- AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile are improving cell coverage at Husky Stadium.