We're approximately 120 hours away from kicking off the 2014 season. Here's a little something to whet your appetite. (Shout-out to Reddit /r/CFB's Washington wiki for the link.)
***Updated: 2:00pm - UW Releases Week 1 Depth Chart***
- Azeem is ready to roll.
Beat Hawaii pic.twitter.com/72mkCasSLD— Azeem Victor (@azeem_vic36) August 24, 2014
- If you only click two links in today's Dots (perish the thought!), make them Adam Jude's and Christian Caple's long-form profiles of Chris Petersen. (Dean Rutz has a fun post about the process of shooting the images of Coach Pete that accompany Jude's article.)
- Jerry Brewer takes the long view of what Chris Petersen needs to do to consider his tenure a success, while Bud Withers says that success will be hard to come by until Coach Pete knows who his long-term man will be at quarterback.
- Jude has some good reads on Lavon Coleman's chance to break out in his redshirt freshman year, and give us his first look at how the Dawgs match up against the Warriors.
- Mason Kelly focuses on the defensive line with pieces about Danny Shelton's continued development and Evan Hudson's fight to earn a starting role.
- USA Today's Paul Myerberg calls Washington's offseason acquisition of Chris Petersen the No. 1 coaching hire of the 2014 offseason.
- Campus Insiders previews the Huskies.
- Coach Pete continues to drop the hammer on players who can't (or won't) subscribe to his vision.
Huskies just announced that Derrick Brown has been suspended indefinitely from the football team and Lavon Washington has been dismissed— Dave Softy Mahler (@Softykjr) August 23, 2014
UW says the disciplinary measures issued to Brown and Washington are the result of two unrelated matters.— Dave Softy Mahler (@Softykjr) August 23, 2014
- To commemorate the home-and-home series against Michigan and BYU that UW announced last week, Mason Kelly caught up with Mario Bailey and Omar Lowe to talk about their most memorable moments from playing the Wolverines.
- ESPN.com's Ted Miller was a guest on The Solid Verbal's Pac-12 preview podcast.
- A Detroit Lions blog takes a look at the Washington players who will likely be available in next year's draft.
- The women's soccer team is off to a good start.
- If anyone can help him, ASJ is going through a bona fide crisis.
Can anybody get me that madden today? I know it comes out tmrw but I'm seeing everybody wit it lol. So tell me how I can get it— ASJ (@Aesj88) August 25, 2014