I rummage through my dresser drawers, searching in vain for what I needed to be there, yet knowing all the while I wouldn't find it. In my anguish, I released a primordial scream of frustration that surely would have frightened the neighbors, if only they were home to hear it. What else is there to do when you've run out of your last Dots?
Continuing their preseason position reviews, the ESPN Pac-12 Blog says that Washington is in great shape at the defensive end and linebacker positions. Assuming that Hau'oli Kikaha, John Timu and Shaq Thompson continue to produce at a high level, I find nothing to argue against in that assessment. There's no question that Washington's front seven has a chance to be murderous this year.
- Duck Territory, 24/7 Sports' Oregon site, breaks down the Huskies and identifies which players the Ducks need to be concerned about matching up against in this year's contest.
- Gaming Today says that the Huskies are a longshot to make this year's College Football Playoff, but might not be a bad bet at 75/1 or 100/1 odds.
- The Redlands Daily Facts profiles Redland East Valley High School alumna and Washington volleyball star Krista Vansant.
- The Yakima Herald talks about the addition of Ellensburg High School alumnus Ja'Warren Hooker to UW's 2014 Hall of Fame class.
- Yahoo! Sports says that keeping Jake Locker healthy has to be the Titans' No. 1 priority this fall.
- For the sporting historians among you, University of Washington researcher Joe Janes looked into the history of soccer's deceptively complicated rulebook.
- The Everett Herald checks in with former Husky Brian Wolfe, who was drafted by the L.A. Dodgers in the 20th round of this year's draft and is currently living the high life of a minor league ballplayer in Ogden, Utah.
- Jayson Jenks writes in the Seattle Times about local legendary football prep coach Chuck Tarbox, who passed away last Thursday.