Keep your friends close, and your Dots closer.
- The Husky family lost one of their own yesterday.
Abner Thomas, @UW_Football Special Assistant, passed away Sunday. His warm smile and hearty laugh will be missed. pic.twitter.com/cDPcb8yRYQ— Washington Huskies (@UWAthletics) July 28, 2014
RIP Abner Thomas. You will be missed.— Bishop Sankey (@BishopSankey) July 28, 2014
So sorry to hear about the passing of one of @UWAthletics finest. Abner Thomas you will be missed, you will be celebrated. #WOOF #WOOF— Pastor Napoleon (@napoleonkaufman) July 28, 2014
The Husky family lost a great one last night. RIP Abner Thomas, you will be remembered forever!— Justin Glenn (@J_Gleez) July 28, 2014
We will miss having Longtime Husky Abner Thomas around. He was always able to bring positive energy. RIP— Lorenzo Romar (@CoachRomar) July 28, 2014
RIP Abner Thomas. Truly a great person. He was definitely a real dawg for life. #DawgFamily— Kalani Aldrich (@KalaniAldrich50) July 28, 2014
@UWAthletics @UW_Football coolest guy ever! RIP! This sad— Shaq Thompson (@ST7_ERA) July 28, 2014
RIP ABNER. A true husky. #alrightalright!— Cody Bruns (@CodyBruns7) July 28, 2014
RIP Abner Thomas You will be missed by many Huge loss for @UW_Football pic.twitter.com/4tMwbBPtnh"— Marcus Peters (@ThatBoy_21) July 28, 2014
"Ain't no cuttin & shootin, till they start holler'n & hoot'n" RIP TO UW's finest Abner Thomas. Thank you for everything #HuskyNation— Alameda Taamu 66 (@MEDATAAMU74) July 28, 2014
Proud to have called the great Abner Thomas my friend. Never knew a kinder man. #RIP #MoveThemChains— jeffbechthold (@jeffbechthold) July 28, 2014
Rest In Peace Abner Thomas. Always a positive moment when your around. Forever Missed. One love. pic.twitter.com/XE03Kw7V04— Dwayne Washington (@UWdwayne12) July 28, 2014
R.I.P. Abner Thomas, you will be missed! He was always there to guide, counsel & mentor. A positive & encouraging presence in the program.— Steve Sarkisian (@CoachSark) July 28, 2014
#RIP Abner Thomas you were truly a blessing to everybody, you will be missed! #GoDawgs— Isaiah Thomas (@Isaiah_Thomas2) July 28, 2014
RIP to Abner Thomas. Great man who brought so much life to Husky football "alright alright!"— Dane Crane (@DaneCrane55) July 28, 2014
RIP Abner Thomas. You were a great friend and supporter. I'll forever hear your voice shouting "Move the Chains!!"— Marques Tuiasosopo (@therealTUI) July 28, 2014
R.I.P. Abner Thomas. You brought so much positive energy to life. You will always be remembered.— D'Andre Goodwin (@UWCoachGoodwin) July 28, 2014
- Adam Jude summarizes Chris Petersen's first Pac-12 Media Day.
- Chris Dufresne at the L.A. Times calls Petersen at Washington a "perfect fit."
- It's good to know that if Hau'oli Kikaha's swim move is neutralized, he can always resort to his mixed martial arts background.
- Gregg Bell writes about Colby Gilbert, who is poised to become Washington's newest Cross Country phenom.
- Cheng-Tsung Pan didn't make the final cut at the British Open, but that doesn't mean that Husky fans shouldn't take pride in his accomplishments.
- Washington's new football coach is the most successful in the country when coming off of a bye week. (H/T: Christian Caple)
- ESPN's Pac-12 bloggers have begun to reveal the preseason list of their top 25 players in the conference. No Huskies are included in Nos. 25 to 21, but here's thinking that they won't skunk the Dawgs entirely this year.
- In addition to the conference rankings, ESPN's overall college football staff is ranking the top 100 players heading in to the 2014 season, too. No Huskies sighted yet between Nos. 100 and 91, or 90 to 81.
- In this ESPN Insider piece, Steve Bisheff writes that Steve Sarkisian and Chris Petersen are linked by the circumstances in which both are associated with the Husky and Trojan programs.
- The Lakeland (Fla.) Ledger says that Austin Seferian-Jenkins is playing catch-up as he tries to acclimate to the speed of the NFL.
- Lorenzo Romar has reeled in his latest recruit.
**Announcement** Jermaine Haley, Class of 2016 has committed to the University of Washington! #DriveFam http://t.co/xdbOBR1HRg— Pasha Bains (@DRIVEBasketball) July 28, 2014
- Mark Helfrich spoke at last week's Pac-12 Media Days about his relationship with Chris Petersen.
<object id="flashObj" width="480" height="270" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=3693555168001&playerID=2436822742001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPLpuSqE~,a1DdoZJH5WT7C8Y068BNUzNkGsOfv-0l&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=3693555168001&playerID=2436822742001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAPLpuSqE~,a1DdoZJH5WT7C8Y068BNUzNkGsOfv-0l&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="480" height="270" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>
- The Pac-12 is making an eight-figure investment into researching athlete safety, focusing especially on the dangers of head trauma.
- Arizona State comes in at No. 47 in Paul Myerberg's countdown of college football teams.
- Rich Rod has little and less patience for coaches such as Nick Saban and Brett Bielema, who advocate rule changes that would slow the pace of modern college football.
- Penn State has hired former Cal athletic director Sandy Barbour to the same position in Happy Valley.
- Rumors abound that Mike Leach may unexpectedly retire in order to compete in the new season of America's Next Top Model.
@BruceFeldmanCFB Can I interest you in photos of Leach riding a bike shirtless thru Key West? http://t.co/G8O3rX8PVf pic.twitter.com/Hfb7hAaogW— LostLettermen.com (@LostLettermen) July 25, 2014