Detective McCafferty's face quivered with rage, spittle erupting from his mouth with every syllable. "I tell you to get me concrete leads, and all you've got are Dots!" he bellowed. "Just what in God's name am I supposed to do with these?!"
- Like father, like son.
<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/pKUNizET6L/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>
- Gregg Bell has a pair of quality stories up about the Pac-12's decision to play more games at 11 a.m., and another about Danny Shelton, Krista Vansant and Jazmine Davis, who are among 14 Washington student athletes to head to conduct graduate research in Tahiti.
- Mountain West Connection previews the Washington-Hawaii game on Aug. 30.
- Rob Rang says that it's just a matter of time before Bishop Sankey is the bell cow of the Tennessee Titans.
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins is officially a Buccaneer.
- The BCSNN takes a look back at the legacy of the 2011 Alamo Bowl between Washington and Baylor.
- The National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association named UW pitcher Tyler Davis a third-team All American, making him the first Husky since Tim Lincecum to be so honored.
- Former women's soccer standout goalkeeper Hope Solo tied the U.S. record for most shutouts this weekend, helping the Seattle Reign FC beat France 1–0.