Time: 1 pm Pacific
TV: Pac-12 Networks
Competitive football is back! Kind of. The Huskies are having their "Spring Game" today, which is really just more of a practice that will be open to the public with some scrimmage elements.
The thing that most people will be turning their eye toward today will be the QB competition between Jeff Lindquist and Troy Williams. Every single aspect will be broken down and analyzed, from how they perform, to what plays each is asked to run, down to which takes the first scrimmage reps.
Right behind that will be the attention paid to Shaq Thompson. How many reps does he get at running back? Where does he slot into the rotation of the stable? Do his plays seem like a more like a package, or is he thrown into the midst of the offense like any other back would be?
Some quick hitters to keep an eye on:
- The depth charts, and who seems to be on the #1 units
- Who is sitting out injured, and how their backups perform
- How the secondary outside of Marcus Peters performs, and who gets the bulk of the scrimmage reps.
- Offensive line vs. defensive line. Both groups are loaded with veterans, and it should be a good matchup.
- Wide receiver -- how do they look with Kasen Williams not back yet, and Damore'ea Stringfellow still suspended?