With the regular season concluded, recruiting season has kicked into high gear. This past weekend marked the first of what looks to be several big weekends for official visits, with six official visitors (including one known verbal commitment) on campus. Here's what we know:
- DB/RB Austin Joyner - Joyner was recently named the Gatorade Player of the Year for Washington state. This was his first official visit after decommitting from WSU and there were some rumors floating around that he had committed, but I haven't seen anything credible to substantiate this. He did send out a teaser for Husky fans during his trip:
For all you dawgs fans out there! pic.twitter.com/Nfuwtq9zaG— Aus the rapper (@Awstin_joynaaa) December 6, 2014
- LB Tevis Bartlett - Bartlett is widely considered the top prospect out of Wyoming this year, and he's got a solid list of offers including Oregon, Iowa, Utah, Colorado and Cal. Washington is in his final six along with those schools and the home-state Wyoming Cowboys. Sounds like he's planning to make his decision before the holidays.
- OL Jared Hilbers - The only current commit among the visitors, Hilbers had a great time and solidified his commitment. He also got in on the uniform action:
Young Dawg pic.twitter.com/ICTvgksHzG— Jared Hilbers (@jaredhilbers) December 7, 2014
- OLB Justiss Warren - Warren was recently offered by the Huskies and most felt this immediately vaulted them to the top of his list. His only other Big-5 conference offer had been from WSU, but as he's proven his return to full health after a knee injury, interest in him has picked up. With the news that he's planning on making his announcement this Thursday, things are looking good for the Huskies. He and his family enjoyed a staple of Washington official visits - dinner at the Space Needle:
- CB/WR Octavius Spencer - Spencer is a classic late-blooming recruit that has seen his offer sheet blow up in the last month, as Oregon, UCLA, Cal and Washington have all thrown their hat in the ring. This was his 2nd official visit following a trip to Oregon, and he's also unofficially visited UCLA & USC. He's a versatile athlete with offers at both WR and CB. Oregon may be the team to beat here, but don't count out the Huskies. Here's Spencer doing the jersey thing:
- S Ezekiel Turner - A full qualifier out of high school, the Maryland native didn't have any major offers and decided to head out to L.A. Pierce CC to boost his stock, and it's paid off as he now has offers from Oklahoma, ASU, Purdue, Illinois, Indiana and Washington. This was his 2nd official visit after seeing Oklahoma. He's scheduled to visit ASU this upcoming weekend, but it sounds like those plans might be in flux - there may be some good news coming this week.
That's all for now - we'll keep you posted as any news happens and get another update regarding this upcoming weekend's visitors.