- Shots fired.
One play can change everything. Here is Saturday's uniform honoring "The Pick" #GoDucks pic.twitter.com/jkmgIzvZXI— Oregon Football (@WinTheDay) October 14, 2014
- Christian Caple delves into Chris Petersen's ties to the Oregon staff, while Adam Jude talks about the challenges of matching up against Oregon's healthy offense. Caple also has video of Pete Kwiatkowski and Shaq Thompson following yesterday's practice.
- When you have more defensive touchdowns than all but one team in the FBS, as Shaq has, you've officially earned the title of "touchdown machine."
- eDuck.com previews Saturday's matchup between Oregon's offense and Washington's defense.
- The Husky and Duck offenses are both amazingly stingy at giving up the ball.
The Washington Huskies have committed just one turnover all season. Oregon has committed three. That's pretty amazing.— Aaron J. Fentress (@AaronJFentress) October 15, 2014
- ESPN has a cool "Inside the Office" feature of Chris Petersen's main digs at Husky Stadium.
- Shaq made his debut in the Heisman Pundit's straw poll, following his decent game against Cal.
- Shaq and Danny Shelton are members of ESPN's mid-season All American team, while they and Marcus Peters receive similar honors from NFL.com.
- Shaq was named the mid-season defensive player of the year by three of CBS Sports' six writers, undoubtedly because of stats like this:
Washington LB Shaq Thompson already has more defensive TDs (4) this season than any player in previous 10 seasons. So, that's something.— Ted Miller (@TedMillerRK) October 15, 2014
- Hau'oli Kikaha claimed his second Lott IMPACT Player of the Week honors for his three-sack performance against Cal. He could just as easily share those honors with Danny Shelton, though.
Washington 2nd in Pac-12 w/ 24 sacks: Hau'oli Kikaha (FBS-high 10 sacks) & Danny Shelton (7) have 3.5 more sacks than any other FBS pair.— Ted Miller (@TedMillerRK) October 15, 2014
- Mason Kelly has a fun story on Robin Stephenson of the women's tennis team, and GoHuskies highlight's Krista Vansant's ninth Defensive Player of the Week award, which matches the conference's all-time record.
- Is there any chance that this doesn't drive Budda absolutely crazy?
DBs coach Jimmy Lake said he'll text Budda Baker at random times to remind him that he still hasn't intercepted a pass this season.— Christian Caple (@ChristianCaple) October 14, 2014
Lake on Budda: "I'll shoot him a text when I'm thinking about it at 10:30 at night: 'Budda, you have no interceptions.'"— Adam Jude (@A_Jude) October 14, 2014
Looking ahead to Saturday's matchup with the Ducks, and more mid-season awards and recognitions than we know what to do with.