We've opened a new open thread which you can access by clicking here.
Editor's Note: We are moving on to another Recruiting Rumors Open Thread (#3). You can find #2 right here. If you'd like to check out the first one, you can access the link here.
- Washington responds by flipping DE Jaylen Johnson, arguably the Broncos' most impressive recruit.
- Boise State gets some revenge against Washington as they flip TE Chase Blakely tonight according to Justin Hopkins of 247Sports.
- In what could be the first of multiple commits tonight, Greg Biggins is reporting that ATH Sidney Jones has switched his commitment from Utah to Washington. Jones will most likely play CB.
- The first commit of the weekend is in, and it's Will Dissly, an athletic DE/TE prospect previously committed to Boise State. He's considered the top prospect this year out of Montana:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Officially committed to the University of Washington <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoDawgs&src=hash">#GoDawgs</a></p>— Will Dissly (@WDissly) <a href="https://twitter.com/WDissly/statuses/427601907519987712">January 27, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
- On the eve of another big recruiting weekend, Washington got more good news when WR Dante Pettis committed via Twitter
- Chris Petersen and staff, fresh off getting the Pettis commit, is calling on another WR right now:
UW in Sidney Jones living room right now trying to change his mind— Joe Torosian (@Joet13b) January 22, 2014
- This weekend's Official Visitors (seek Kirk's more eloquent update right here):
Kalen Ballage, ATH (committed to ASU)
Kaleb McGary, ATH
Tre Watson, RB (committed to Cal)
Aisea Tongilava, LB (committed to SJSU)
Will Dissley, DE (committed to BSU)
Chase Blakely, TE (committed to UW)
Matt James, OT (committed to UW)
Drew Lewis, LB (committed to UW)
Brandon Lewis, DB (committed to UW)
Edit: Scout.com is now reporting two more visitors for this weekend:
Sidney Jones, CB (committed to Utah)
Jamire Jordan, WR
- In the biggest news of the day, 4-star QB K.J. Carta-Samuels has committed to Washington; he had been a long-time commit to Vanderbilt under Head Coach James Franklin left for Penn State
- After taking a few days to think about it following his official visit to Seattle, former Colorado commit Jomon Dotson - a RB/DB prospect - decided to instead commit to Washington per Adam Gorney and Marshall Cherrington
- Aaron Chapman, a Bellarmine RB, confirmed today that he has commited to UW as a preferred walk-on per multiple sources.
- As expected, former Boise State commit OL Jesse Sosebee has switched his commitment to the Huskies per Greg Biggins (and others); he committed to the coaches over the weekend on his visit but wanted to wait a couple of days to be sure of his decision before going public
- Add Dominguez 6'2" WR Donyeh Patterson (3*) to the list of official visitors on Jan 31st per Greg Biggins.
- And on the heels of the Vizcaino news, Shane Bowman has officially flipped to Washington from Oregon State per his Twitter account
- That didn't take long - as Brandon Huffman is reporting, K Tristan Vizcaino has flipped from WSU to Washington; I would expect more good news in the next few days
- And there is this re a classicly molded Petersen OKG. Chapman is a Bellarmine RB who has endured a couple of knee surgeries:
Aaron Chapman has informed me that he will not be Attending #BoiseStateFootball as planned and will be attending at UW. #WalkOnRunningBack— Rivals/Blue-Turf.com (@Bleed_BlueTurf) January 20, 2014
- OL/DL Kammy Delp has re-opened his recruitment, is still considering ASU, UCLA and UW
- K Tristan Vizcaino - a longtime WSU commit - visited this weekend
- 3-star DT Greg Gaines has committed to Washington per RealDawg
- RB Jomon Dotson is rumored to be ready to chose between Colorado and Washington sometime this week.
- 24/7 Sports reports that Jesse Sosobee, a 6'6" 300lb OL prospect committed to Boise St., was among those on an official visit at UW this weekend.
- Updated Official Visits List for the weekend of 1/17 (per multiple sources):
Budda Baker, ATH (decommitted from Oregon)
KJ Carta-Samuels, QB (decommitted from Vanderbilt)
Lavon Washington, DB (committed to UW)
Greg Gaines, DL
Kalani Vakameilalo, DL (committed to Oregon State)
Dante Pettis, WR
Jomon Dotson, RB (committed to Colorado)
Shane Bowman, LB (committed to Oregon State)
Khalil Oliver, DB
Jaylen Johnson, DL (decommitted from Boise State)
Drew Sample, TE (committed to UW)
Darren Gardenhire (committed to UW)
- 24/7 posted an interview with Budda Baker (you have to have a membership to access). There is a lot of speculation out there that I'll leave to the comments section. But, I like this tweet:
Perhaps, but Budda is a GREAT kid. Respect his choice. RT @duckfan65: @JHopkins247 @Prehmmr247 I'm thinking Petersen happened!— Justin Hopkins (@JHopkins247) January 18, 2014
- On the eve of a busy recruiting weekend on Montlake, Washington state's top football prospect, Budda Baker, has decommitted from Oregon. Rumors are swirling that he will take an official visit to UW. Here is a writeup from the Oregonian on the developing situation.
- Check out Kirk's update for this weekend's official visitor list (which may now include Budda Baker).
- RealDawg is reporting that Bellevue's Shane Bowman, an OSU commit, will also be added to the official visit list this weekend.
- Brandon Lewis, a 3 star CB/S out of Elk Grove, CA, commits to the Huskies. Lewis becomes the fourth DB and 10th overall commit to the UW 2014 class. He was previously committed to Boise State and switched because, in his own words, "it just came down to academics and relationships."
- Khalil Oliver, DB, 3 stars - Currently committed to Boise St., Oliver will take three visits to Washington, Oregon St. and Oregon.
- Drew Lewis, LB, 3 stars - Per 247sports.com, Lewis will decide between Washington and USC.
- Shane Bowman, DE, 3 stars - Per 247sports.com, Bowman picked up a Washington offer earlier this week.
- Jacob Tuioti-Mariner, DE, 3 stars - Per Rivals.com,
Tuioti-Mariner has UCLA as his leader, with Washington as his second school. Tuioti-Mariner has committed to UCLA.
- Drew Sample, Newport HS, TE - Per Scout.com, Sample commits to UW and becomes the second TE commit of the class