Recruiting visits resumed last weekend and Chris Petersen got off to a great start as Washington hosted (at least) 14 official visitors, 11 of which were previously uncommitted to the Huskies. Since then, 6 of those 11 have committed to Washington to give Petersen 15 known commits (plus greyshirt holdover Jaimie Bryant).
This coming weekend will see more key visitors, though at this stage the visit list is a bit smaller. Keep in mind however that these visit lists are very fluid and can change by the minute. As of right now (Thursday mid-morning), both Scout.com and 247sports are reporting the following visitors:
- Kalen Ballage - a 3-4 star RB/LB prospect out of Colorado; he is currently committed to ASU, but is also slated to visit UCLA next weekend; he's a terrific physical specimen that projects as either a big, fast back or a punishing LB
- Chase Blakely - a 3 star TE prospect out of Idaho; a long-time UW commit, pledging to Sark's staff back in May, he re-confirmed his commitment when Petersen was hired and will be working on his fellow recruits to get them to join him in Seattle
- Will Dissley - a 2 star TE/DE prospect considered the top prospect out of Montana; he committed to Petersen at Boise State shortly before Petersen left for Washington; Washington was a "goal school" for Dissley
- Matt James - a 3 star OL prospect out of Idaho; he committed back in July to the prior staff, and was rock-solid in his commitment despite the coaching change - the academics of Washington were what sold him
- Brandon Lewis - a 3 star CB prospect out of California; he had originally committed to Petersen at Boise State, but after the coaching change he decided to flip his commitment and follow Petersen to Washington, announcing earlier this month
- Drew Lewis - a 3-star S/LB prospect from Eastlake H.S. in Redmond, he originally committed to the previous staff back in July; with the coaching change he's softened his commitment and took a visit to USC last weekend, though it's unclear if he has a solid offer from the Trojans
- Kaleb McGary - a 4 star OT/DE prospect from Fife H.S. in Tacoma, he's the #2 prospect in-state this year; he's already visited Oregon State, WSU and Wisconsin, and is scheduled to visit ASU next weekend; the current buzz is that even though he grew up a Husky fan in a family full of Husky fans, the small-town vibe greatly appeals to him and that Oregon State leads, so this will be a key chance for Petersen's staff to sway him
- Aisea Tongilava - a 3 star LB prospect out of California; he committed to San Jose State last Summer, but has seen his stock rise since then and visited Cal last weekend - they now appear to be his leader
- Tre Watson - a 3 star RB prospect out of California; a longtime Cal commit, he's since opened things up and has visited Boise State, Utah and Cal; with Petersen now at Washington, he's upped his interest level and is visiting this weekend, and will finish with a trip to UCLA next weekend
Keep an eye on the Pound this weekend as we'll update the Rumors thread with news. While I'm not expecting any immediate commits over the weekend, there are a few guys that could pop shortly after.