1. Arizona 18-0 (5-0) They could probably lose 2-3 straight games and not lose first place in the rankings. Arizona is loaded with talent and prepping for a run at the final four. They are clearly the class of the conference and only team assured of a tournament berth.
2. Cal 14-5 (5-1) Cal was undefeated in conference play after last week. They destroyed the Huskies and cougars and home. They laid a serious egg last night against USC. But this rating is supposed to be out before last nights games. Like I said, I was a little distracted by recruiting and the Seahawks. But I digress. Until last night Cal had shown they were the number 2 team in the conference. They are in LA this weekend. A drop in standings could be on the horizon.
3. UCLA 14-4 (3-2) Switching spots with Cal this week and maybe again next week. The Bruins had reached the top 25 before dropping a game to Utah last week. They host the bay schools this weekend.
4. CU 15-4 (4-2) The former number 2 rated team is trying to climb back up my rankings after losing star PG Spencer Dinwiddie in an injury against Washington. They travel to number 1 Arizona tonight.
5. Utah 14-4 (3-3) The big mover in this weeks rankings and looking to move higher. Up from number 9 after wins last week against USC and UCLA. Outside of the trip to Washington the Utes have been fairly solid. They will be in Arizona this week.
6. Stanford 12-5 (3-2) A sweep of the Washington schools has the Cardinal on the rise. Chasson Randle is having an awesome season that should give him all-conference honors. We will see how they fair on the road with a trip to LA.
7. Oregon St. 11-7 (3-3) The beavers have been pretty good at home and not surprising have struggled a little on the road. Excluding last nights victory in Pullman. Another game this Saturday night in Seattle could change things again.
8. Washington 11-8 (3-3) A disappointing trip to the bay destroyed nearly all the excitement that the Huskies had built up. Rebounding with a sweep over the Oregon schools this week will keep the Romar haters away a little while longer. They host Oregon tonight at 8:00 PST time.
9. Arizona St. 13-5 (2-3) Another inconsistent PAC 12 team. The Sun Devils stay out of the bottom 3 but host Utah and CU this weekend. Two losses could make this conference have a bottom 4.
10 Oregon 13-4 (1-4) WTF happened to Oregon Basketball? Can you say overrated? A team that climbed to around 13th in the polls just a few weeks back, has now lost 4 in a row. A tough weekend road trip could drop them deeper in the cellar.
11. WSU 8-11 (1-6) The cougars keep getting lower and lower in the nation in scoring. With USC's win last night a loss to Oregon this weekend in Pullman could push the cougs to the bottom.
12 USC 10-9 (1-5) Looking to get off the bottom of the ratings USC had a nice victory last night. However, before this week they were the lone winless team in the conference. To their defense may have the toughest conference schedule to date. I would love to move them up to number 10 by next week.
How do my ratings compare to you? Can Washington move back to the top half of the conference?