Editor's Note: I'm continuing the very popular open Recruiting Thread in a new post. This should make for easier mobile viewing. Share whatever Tweets or Rumors you are coming across here. If you'd like to check out the old post, you can access the link here.
- On the eve of another big recruiting weekend, Washington got more good news when WR Dante Pettis committed via Twitter
- In the biggest news of the day, 4-star QB K.J. Carta-Samuels has committed to Washington; he had been a long-time commit to Vanderbilt under Head Coach James Franklin left for Penn State
- After taking a few days to think about it following his official visit to Seattle, former Colorado commit Jomon Dotson - a RB/DB prospect - decided to instead commit to Washington per Adam Gorney and Marshall Cherrington
- Aaron Chapman, a Bellarmine RB, confirmed today that he has commited to UW as a preferred walk-on per multiple sources.
- As expected, former Boise State commit OL Jesse Sosebee has switched his commitment to the Huskies per Greg Biggins (and others); he committed to the coaches over the weekend on his visit but wanted to wait a couple of days to be sure of his decision before going public
- Add Dominguez 6'2" WR Donyeh Patterson (3*) to the list of official visitors on Jan 31st per Greg Biggins.
- And on the heels of the Vizcaino news, Shane Bowman has officially flipped to Washington from Oregon State per his Twitter account
- That didn't take long - as Brandon Huffman is reporting, K Tristan Vizcaino has flipped from WSU to Washington; I would expect more good news in the next few days
- And there is this re a classicly molded Petersen OKG. Chapman is a Bellarmine RB who has endured a couple of knee surgeries:
- OL/DL Kammy Delp has re-opened his recruitment, is still considering ASU, UCLA and UW
- K Tristan Vizcaino - a longtime WSU commit - visited this weekend
- 3-star DT Greg Gaines has committed to Washington per RealDawg
- RB Jomon Dotson is rumored to be ready to chose between Colorado and Washington sometime this week.
- 24/7 Sports reports that Jesse Sosobee, a 6'6" 300lb OL prospect committed to Boise St., was among those on an official visit at UW this weekend.
- 8am PT: Lots of great material coming out via the social sites regarding this weekend's official visit on campus. We'll keep you updated if any Commits come out. In the meantime, enjoy some of these tweets.
Uh oh!🙈 http://t.co/W1tlT9NetS— Darren Gardenhire. (@GbabyBOOM) January 18, 2014
Washington visit in the morning... So excited— Dante Pettis (@dmainy_13) January 18, 2014
This campus is crazy— Khalil Oliver (@Deramus20) January 18, 2014
Coach Peterson just killed me in pool, he's a hustler, told me he wasn't that good, pic.twitter.com/muU9jHMZjw— Darren Gardenhire. (@GbabyBOOM) January 18, 2014
- Updated Official Visits List for the weekend of 1/17 (per multiple sources):
Budda Baker, ATH (decommitted from Oregon)
KJ Carta-Samuels, QB (decommitted from Vanderbilt)
Lavon Washington, DB (committed to UW)
Greg Gaines, DL
Kalani Vakameilalo, DL (committed to Oregon State)
Dante Pettis, WR
Jomon Dotson, RB (committed to Colorado)
Shane Bowman, LB (committed to Oregon State)
Khalil Oliver, DB
Jaylen Johnson, DL (decommitted from Boise State)
Drew Sample, TE (committed to UW)
Darren Gardenhire (committed to UW)
- 24/7 posted an interview with Budda Baker (you have to have a membership to access). There is a lot of speculation out there that I'll leave to the comments section. But, I like this tweet:
- On the eve of a busy recruiting weekend on Montlake, Washington state's top football prospect, Budda Baker, has decommitted from Oregon. Rumors are swirling that he will take an official visit to UW. Here is a writeup from the Oregonian on the developing situation.
- Check out Kirk's update for this weekend's official visitor list (which may now include Budda Baker).
- RealDawg is reporting that Bellevue's Shane Bowman, an OSU commit, will also be added to the official visit list this weekend.
- Brandon Lewis, a 3 star CB/S out of Elk Grove, CA, commits to the Huskies. Lewis becomes the fourth DB and 10th overall commit to the UW 2014 class. He was previously committed to Boise State and switched because, in his own words, "it just came down to academics and relationships."
- Khalil Oliver, DB, 3 stars - Currently committed to Boise St., Oliver will take three visits to Washington, Oregon St. and Oregon.
- Drew Lewis, LB, 3 stars - Per 247sports.com, Lewis will decide between Washington and USC.
- Shane Bowman, DE, 3 stars - Per 247sports.com, Bowman picked up a Washington offer earlier this week.
- Jacob Tuioti-Mariner, DE, 3 stars - Per Rivals.com,
Tuioti-Mariner has UCLA as his leader, with Washington as his second school. Tuioti-Mariner has committed to UCLA.
- Jalen Green, QB, 3 stars - Greene has de-committed from the Huskies and has committed to the Trojans.
- Drew Sample, Newport HS, TE - Per Scout.com, Sample commits to UW and becomes the second TE commit of the class
- Budda Baker, S, 4 stars –
Commits to Oregon. Washington was his second choice.Baker has de-committed from Oregon and is now considering Washington & UCLA.
- Natrell Curtis, OG, 4 stars –
Curtis is committed to the Huskies, but with Lupoi's likely departure from Washington, Oklahoma will likely reenter Curtis' picture per Rivals.com. Curtis has an official visit scheduled a visit with the Huskies on Jan. 17.Curtis de-committed from the Huskies on Thursday afternoon.
- Lavon Washington, FS, 3 stars – Per RealDawg.com, Washington talked with Chris Petersen and remains committed to the Huskies.
- Chase Blakley, TE, 3 stars – The UW commit was named to Idaho's first team all-state on both offense and defense.
- Budda Baker, S, 4 stars – Baker has four final schools, Oregon, USC, UCLA, Washington. Official visits, USC (Jan. 17), UCLA (Jan. 24) and Washington (Jan. 31). Baker was named the Seattle Times' defensive player of the year
- Kaleb McGary, OL, 4 stars – McGary scheduled an official visit to Wisconsin on Jan. 17.