It wasn't like he didn't expect it. Like the taste of chocolate or the numbing sensation of ice on skin, familiarity gave way to the trappings of eager anticipation as Day 1 arrived.
- So, what's up Dawg Pound? Not a whole lot going on right now and not a whole lot to link to. I guess there is this: UW was just ranked the #8 public university in the US by the Washington Monthly. That's news.
- Ok, ok. You want football. Sark began his fifth fall camp yesterday with his annual opening press conference. Here it is from YouTube:
- Todd Dybas has a nice camp preview. He takes the angle of Sark's fifth season and his desire to break the 7-6 barrier. I think Todd does a nice job of capturing the new edge to Sark's attitude.
- SI.com printed Tim Booth's piece that also previews the Huskies from the vantage point of Sark's pivotal fifth season.
- Many writers have taken on the subject of Keith Price and the struggles he's gone through as he embarks upon his fifth and final season at UW. Adam Jude's latest piece, I think, is among the best of them so far. If you have access, it is definitely worth a read.
- Tons of preview stuff has been floating around on the web since the P12 Media Day last week. Here is a good one from Saturday Blitz that warrants a review.
- As noted in a fanpost last week, Paul Myerberg also has done a comprehensive preview of the Huskies over at USAToday. He has the Huskies checked in at #41 to start the season and he gives the UW Dawg Pound a little shout out.
- An Illinois blog also previews the Huskies with an eye towards their matchup in Week 2. They like their boys to beat Washington.
- The players were all surprised by the fact that they got to open their first practice by taking the field in the new Husky Stadium. KVTB.com posted a preview of the stadium with a video that is definitely worth a review.
- We are also beginning to learn a little about what the stadium is going to offer fans through both the GoHuskies.com "Retake Montlake" campaign and through various media outlets. One fun thing that popped up over at the P-I blog is a partial list of new vendors who will be offering their wares in the new digs, including Trophy Cupcakes. Yummmm.
- Also arriving just in time for camp, big "W"s. Check them out.
KMPH FOX 26 | Central San Joaquin Valley News Source
Question of the Day
The Huskies kicked off camp yesterday with a lot of the familiar optimism that comes with the first day. Sark talked extensively about getting better and the fact that the bitter end to last year still lingers. He thinks this is a better team than 7-6. What has to happen and/or break right for the Huskies to get to 10 wins in 2013?