You think that is funny? You think you are a jokester? This is entertainment to you? I've been toiling in this muck for a decade and you waltz on in here like the King Monkey and think you are gonna toss your dots all over the place. I've got news for you, monkey-boy. This is my house.
- It's Gameweek Monday, and the Huskies have six new captains as announced at last weekend's Raise the Woof rally. Like other teams, the Huskies allow players to elect captains - usually two per unit. This year, the races were close and the staff decided to award three slots per unit. On offense, Keith Price, Colin Tanigawa (this is such a huge gain for our OL) and Bishop Sankey. On D, John Timu, Sean Parker and the twice rehabbed Hau'oli Jamora (Kikaha) are your elected leaders. Congrats to all the new captains.
- Apparently, Boise State fans don't think much of the impact of the new Husky Stadium.
- Speaking of which, Do not miss the Seattle Times Husky Stadium Special.
- The UW Daily is continuing their entertaining little countdown series.
Day 7: I'll let you guess the theme on this this one. Hint: goes with "___-win Sark"
Day 6: Number of different 2012 starting configurations of this much-maligned unit
- SBNation's conference site, Moutain West Connection, forecasts Boise State's entire schedule and has a bold prediction for their opener at Husky Stadium.
- We are running our own weekly opponent preview series (and, to easily access it, just click above on "Sections" and choose the Boise State @ UW option). Chadd Cripe, a BSU beat writer, has a comprehensive preview of all of Boise State's positional groups right here.
- I'm trying to be sensitive about linking to the Seattle Times given their paywall, but here is a pretty good summary from Jerry Brewer on where Steve Sarkisian stands as he looks to take his own next step.
- Todd Dybas has been a busy beat writer, himself. Here is an excellent piece he did on Danny Shelton - a definite eye-opener for those of you who may be less familiar with the major crises that he has had to deal with over the last several years.
- Also from Dybas, an update on the Huskies offensive line. It appears that the perceived misprint of Ben Riva and Micah Hatchie moving back to their positions from last season is not a misprint at all. They appear to be swapped back. I presume this means that Hatchie has really taken a big step forward in his pass protection progress. Hopefully, this doesn't mess with KP's head too much.
- In case you missed it, Jake Locker was red-hot on Saturday night in the Titans' pre-season win. Titans fans are getting more optimistic that Jake is going to take his own next step in 2013.
- Another former Husky QB has a new gig (h/t to Adam Jude who had this link in his blog).
- The football team isn't the only one getting ready for fall season. Both soccer teams were in action over the weekend. The Men's team pulled out a tight win on Saturday night while the Women's team split a pair at a weekend tournament in Hawaii to give their coach a major milestone. It's fun to talk about games - go Dawgs!
Question of the Day
Lots of jawing and back-and-forth is already starting to get exchanged between our two fanbases. Apparently, Broncos fans think that Steve Sarkisian is Satan and that his villainy will lead to the demise of our Dawgs this weekend. I get that we (and I mean that the collective two fanbases) have probably had enough of each other over the past eight months, but I am curious about where Husky fans sit right now on Boise State as a program. It used to be that they were the underdog that nobody respected. Are they still that? Or are they now over-rated after years of still being that same "just good enough" mid-major team? Are they Gonzaga-like? And what do you think about the team that they are bringing to Seattle this Saturday? Major threat? Leave your comments below (and, please, be respectful of any smurfy visitors).