- If you saw it, words can't describe it. Nate Robinson was a flurry of runners, dribble drives, bombs and assists in a 23-point fourth quarter that brought the Bulls way back from behind and led to an amazing 3OT victory over the Brooklyn Nets.
- Here are the highlights:
- The NFL Draft concluded yesterday with the Huskies having only Desmond Trufant drafted. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today ran a background story on Desmond. Mostly familiar stuff to Husky fans, but a nice way to cap off the journey for Desmond as he makes the official transition from Husky player to alum.
- The ESPN Pac 12 / Stanford blog has a nice recap of the NFL Draft from a Pac 12's point of view including a listing of Pac12 free agent signings. As of now, neither Justin Glenn or Drew Schaefer have deals.
- Funny thing: I was reading John Clayton's "Winners/Losers" piece and an unexpected name popped up on his "Losers" list: the USC Trojans. I don't know if I would go so far as to lay all of the disappointing draft results, culminating in the fourth round disaster that was Matt Barkley's selection, at the feet of Lane Kiffin. However, I fully expect other P12 coaches to do so. And I'll be disappointed if they don't.
- Great find here from member 206SportsFanInRussia. Tre Simmons, who now goes by his given name of Chester Simmons, had an outstanding showing the recently completed EuroChallenge Final Four and walked away with MVP honors. If you are not familiar with the EuroChallenge, it is part of FIBA basketball and plays at the "3rd tier" of a three tier hierarchy system. If I'm not mistaken, a EuroChallenge victory assures that Simmons and his team, Krasnye Krylia, a promotion to the 2nd tier Eurocup (maybe 206SFIR can set me straight if I have that wrong). Check out the video below.
- Mike Neighbors was officially introduced as the new Head Coach for the UW Women's Basketball Team. Mike seems like a great guy and it is good to see him get rewarded with this opportunity. There is a good vibe about this thing.
- The new Husky Track is open for business and the Huskies opened it up yesterday with a dual Men's / Women's meet with the Cougars. Take a look at this baby:
UW Men's Golf kicks off it's pursuit of a Pac12 championship tomorrow in Los Angeles. The Huskies have a solid team, but face some pretty stiff competition with 14 P12 players currently ranked in Golfweek's top 50.
Finally, the Huskies Crew teams extended their streak of world dominance with another huge victory this weekend. Both the Men and the Women's varsity teams scored wins over Cal. Cal ranks #2 in the nation in both Men's and Women's varsity so, yeah, this was a good day.
Question of the Day
The lackluster draft performances of Matt Barkley, Khaled Holmes, TJ McDonald and Robert Woods - all of whom were once considered "first day" talents - has Trojan nation wondering what the heck happened. Is the situation in Troy a random collision of injuries and pro team needs not lining up or is there a systemic issue of poor player development happening in LA? In other words, does Lane Kiffin owe Matt Barkley $20 million for convincing him to stay his senior year?