Substitute your lies for fact
I can see right through your plastic mac
I look all white, but my dad was black
My fine looking dots are really made out of sack
As we await the Husky/Duck matchup in the Pac-12 Tournament tonight, a few dots for your reading enjoyment:
- Todd Dybas has some post-game video of Coach Romar, Abdul Gaddy & Scott Suggs meeting with the media as well as his recap and notes on the game last night.
- Jon Wilner correctly called UW over WSU in the Pac-12 Tournament, and has the Huskies making it to the Semi-Finals.
- After many years of complaints, the Pac-12 Men's Basketball Tournament has finally moved out of L.A. and chose Las Vegas as their new home; CBS Sports Columnist Dennis Dodd takes a look at the growing trend of tournaments being held in Las Vegas.
- The always excellent Greg Bell profiles new Husky QB coach Marques Tuiasosopo in his weekly "Unleashed" piece for GoHuskies.com (and don't miss the Mic'd Up clip from CoachSark.com)
- Gekko's favorite ESPN blogger Kevin Gemmell continues his series on the "Biggest Shoes To Fill" for the Pac-12, and (not surprisingly) tabbed Desmond Trufant as his pick for the Huskies.
- Clare Farnsworth used the occasion of yesterday's UW Pro Day to put together a very complimentary profile of Desmond Trufant for Seahawks.com.
- Mason Kelly also profiles Desmond and the view from his big brother Marcus.
- Ted Miller takes a look at the youth movement trend happening at QB in college football and the Pac-12, including a couple mentions of Keith Price.
- Pacific Takes examines who the best QB in the Pac-12 is heading into 2013; Marcus Mariota is the consensus pick, but KP gets a mention.
- The College Football Matrix has been doing a series breaking down their picks for the most likely candidates for BCS Game berths in 2014; the Huskies made it as far as the top 15.
- With free agency in full swing in the NFL, Husky alum and Pro Bowler Dashon Goldson got his big payday yesterday, agreeing to a 5-year, $41.25M deal with Tampa Bay, with $22M guaranteed. Congrats to Dashon.
- Not Husky related, but I wanted to call attention to the news that Jeff Sullivan is stepping down from Lookout Landing (the SBN Mariners blog). Sullivan & Lookout Landing have been a must-read for any serious M's fan since he first started the blog as "Leone for Third" in November of 2003. The success of LL led it to becoming one of the first blogs in the SB Network, and Sullivan has been a role model for hobbyist sports bloggers everywhere as he's been able to turn his hobby into a paying job. It will be interesting to see how the LL community and site changes - if at all - with his departure. Good luck to Jeff in his future endeavors.