"Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come."
I'm putting this together at something of a breakneck pace (and on my phone, no less), so if I missed anything big (this includes any and all basketball and women's volleyball dots), please feel free to add them in the comments. To the Dots!
- Somewhat lost in the Chris Petersen hiring news is the fact that the Huskies are heading down to San Francisco on Sunday to start their preparations for their game against Brigham Young in the Fight Hunger Bowl on Friday, Dec. 27. Keith Price says that he's as healthy as ever going into his final game as a Husky.
- With any coaching change comes inevitable personnel changes, and Washington is no exception to that rule. The first domino to fall come today when Cleveland Wallace, Scout.com's No. 42 cornerback from the 2012 class, announced his intention to enroll at San Jose State University. Adam Jude has the details.
- Petersen's coaching staff continues to fill out, as Jude confirmed today that Jonathan Smith, the quarterbacks coach under Petersen at Boise State, will follow his old boss to Montlake. What this means for Marques Tuiasosopo is the $64,000 question — in short, if he wants to remain as a coach at the UW, it'll have to be somewhere other than his former position.
- Bishop and ASJ were named to the AP All-American second and third teams, respectively. Chalk this up as just one more reason why I don't think either player will be returning to the collegiate ranks next year.
- According to Forbes, Washington's football program was the nation's 17th-most valuable in 2013, and trails only No. 13 USC among Pac-12 schools. The only other conference team to make their cut was Oregon, coming in at No. 19.
- Unless I'm very much mistaken, our very own Chris Landon got some love from Kevin Gemmell in his most recent mailbag. Readers want to know, Chris — what's your secret?!
Question of the Day
It's a moderate surprise that nearly two weeks after his hiring, Chris Petersen's staff isn't fully in place yet. What are your feelings in regard to Coach Pete's efforts to assemble a staff so far?