Behold the glory of the Dot. Never have I lain eyes on such a sight. I would very much like to eat it.
- Big news for Hope Solo: Today is her Birthday! Happy Birthday, Hope. What? You expecting something else?
- Jake Locker is a daddy! Congrats, Jake.
- Isaiah Stanback sighting!
- Bob Condotta continues his look at the "Husky Top 10". Since my last Dots, he's posted three more entries:
#9 - a key DE
#8 - a vital OL
#7 - a defensive stabilizer
- The Deseret News takes a look at UW with a rather mediocre headline.
- The PSU scandal debate is finally starting to die down, but the fallout continues to get discussed. This is an interesting Op-Ed from the Seattle Times that hits on some of the issues that UW had in the early 2000s. I realize that many of you may perceive this article as gratuitously negative and a cheap shot at UW (and, maybe it is), but I think it does serve as a reminder of how things can get out of control on any campus. It also helps put into perspective the value of leadership by the adults who are given the keys to the castle. I'm thankful that we have stable leadership in place and that the program is <finally> getting built up on a virtuous foundation that values character, service and commitment.
- Saturday Blitz takes a look at the "Tosh Question" that came up during Sark's presentation at Media Day and delivers a pretty interesting editorial that puts some issues into context.
- Avinash at Pacific Takes reviews a simulated Pac 12 season and tries to determine just who will play Oregon in the Pac 12 championship. Of interest to me was how the sim treated the Cal Bears.
- Athlon's takes a look at their anticipated breakout candidates for 2012 in the PAC. A couple of Dawgs make the list.
- Also from Athlon's, a look at the 20 worst Coaching tenures of the last 50 years. A couple of Pac 12 vets make an appearance ... but necessarily who you think.
- The SacBee takes a <rational> look at Shaq Thompson's experience with the Red Sox and what his future may hold.
- A Utah Ute beat writer is impressed with UW's commitment from Marcus Farria:
Washington's pickup of Marcus Farria is huge. Dude is the most underrated defensive lineman in the west. Going to be an absolute baller— Brian Swinney (@InsideTheUtes) July 28, 2012