Today is Pac 12 media day and that means there will be all kinds of cliches forthcoming from the top players and coaches who are in LA doing the event.
Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times is down in LA covering the event.
The official Pac 12 Site will be streaming live from the event.
Pac 12 Commissioner Larry Scott kicks everything off at 9:00 AM. Sark, Keith Price, and Desmond Trufant are scheduled to be on at 12:25 PM
John's Pac 12 Picks
The media picked USC as the likely conference champion with Oregon winning the North but going down to defeat in the championship game. I am bucking convention by picking the Dawgs over Stanford as the runner-up in the North and going with UCLA as the runner up in the South. I think that UCLA and Washington did the most to help themselves during the off season.
1. Oregon...Is anyone in the conference fast enough to keep up with these guys?
2. Washington...Can the Huskies survive a tough early season schedule?
3. Stanford...How solid will a young Stanford team be without Andrew Luck at QB?
4. California...Is this the year that Cal coach Jeff Tedford gets consistent play out of the QB position?
5. Washington State...Can Mike Leach win right away at Washington State?
6. Oregon State...Is Coach Mike Riley on the hot seat?
1. Southern Cal...Do the Trojans have enough depth to win the conference and a national championship?
2. UCLA...Can the fiery Jim Mora turn around the lackadaisical attitude at UCLA?
3. Utah...Are the Utes too vanilla at QB to contend?
4. Arizona State...Can Todd Graham get Dennis Erickson's talent to compete for 12 full games?
5. Arizona...Will shifty QB Matt Scott have enough talent around him to win for Rich Rod in his first season?
6. Colorado...Jon Embree needs a couple more solid recruiting classes to do some damage.