While there's only been one new commit (TE David Ajamu) to the Huskies in quite a while, things are heating up on the recruiting front. With the regular season concluded, the coaches have been hitting the road in force and their efforts are already having an impact as some recruits are finalizing their official visit plans and others already committed are shutting things down. This weekend is shaping up to be a significant one in terms of visits - here's the list according to Scout.com:
There are seven players on that list, but there could be more that end up making the trip. A few notes on the visitors:
- 4-star WR Demorea Stringfellow sounds like he's shutting things down and 100% committed to the UW after taking an official visit earlier to Nebraska. He had been considering UCLA, but he sounds fully committed now to the Huskies and has been playing recruiter himself.
- One of the guys he's been working is 3-star OL Na'Ty Rodgers, son of former Husky DT Tyrone Rodgers from the National Championship team; Rodgers is leaning South Carolina, but a good visit could turn that around.
- 4-star DL JoJo Mathis is headed up for his official visit; he currently plans to officially announce his choice at the Army All-American game on January 5th
- 4-star OL Nico Falah is one of those recruits who scheduled an official visit with the Dawgs after an in-home visit with the coaches; he's currently a USC commit.
- There's a good chance more guys will end up visiting this weekend, but as is becoming more common now, some of these visits are unreported as coaches try to keep certain visitors a secret so as not to tip off competing schools.
- I'll be keeping an eye on Twitter and the recruiting sites this weekend, and if any of the visitors ends up committing I'll pass it along.
Some other news of note:
- 4-star OL Brayden Kearsley out of Beaverton, OR had been a commit to BYU for quite a while, but he's opened things up again and reportedly has Oregon State leading with the UW gaining ground; he's scheduled to visit the weekend of 12/14-12/16
- 4-star LB Myles Jack of Bellevue H.S. confirmed on KJR today he'll take an official visit to the UW the weekend of 1/18-1/20, the same weekend as teammate and UW commit LB Sean Constantine and friend WR Ryan Turman from Interlake, a preferred walk-on commit; while Jack remains officially committed to UCLA, this one is up in the air - having him officially visit with his buddies who are Husky commits is a good move by the coaching staff.
- 4-star DE Daeshon Hall is still taking visits and reportedly checked out West Virginia this past weekend and is taking a long look at a couple high profile SEC schools, but with his family connections in Seattle, he's likely to stick with the Huskies.
- 4-star DL Elijah Qualls is also considering taking visits, but don't sweat it - he's a Dawg, and was quoted in a story earlier this week saying he wanted to take the title of "Recruiter of the year" away from Tosh. If he takes visits elsewhere, it's just him taking a free trip to have fun.
- As noted in a comment earlier in the week, 3-star OL Sean Harlow - a Husky commit - has taken 4 of his visits and is considering shutting things down. Never say never in recruiting, but it's looking good for the UW landing his signature in February.
- 4-star QB Troy Williams is on track to graduate this month from high school and he plans to enroll at the UW for Winter Quarter next month.
- Man-child 5-star DT prospect Eddie Vanderdoes is a USC commit, but is taking his visits; after an in-home from UW coaches, will Seattle be one of his destinations? Nothing is scheduled yet, but according to Eddie the in-home was a good one:
Good visit with UDUB!Got a lot answered. Now time for ND!!— EV4™ (@EddieVanderdoes) November 29, 2012