Huskies tip off at 4PM PST on the Pac-12 Networks as they take on the 3-3 Titans from Cal-State Fullerton (3-3). With Scott Suggs out indefinitely and Shawn Kemp out until at least conference play, the Dawgs hope to weather those absences and build some positive momentum during this stretch of non-conference home games and the "road" game vs. Seattle U.
The Huskies will have a big size advantage in this one as Fullerton's starting lineup runs 6'3", 6'4", 6'4", 6'4" & 6'6", and their roster features just two players 6'7" or higher. This could be another opportunity for Aziz N'Diaye to assert himself offensively inside, and the Huskies should have a rebounding edge. It will be interesting to see how much Romar goes to a smaller lineup with Desmond Simmons or Jernard Jarreau as the lone posts on the floor. Things I'm looking for in this game:
- Can C.J. Wilcox continue to develop his floor game and draw fouls? The more he's a threat to drive, the more room he'll create for himself behind the arc.
- Can Andrew Andrews finally break through his shooting slump?
- Can Abdul Gaddy continue asserting himself offensively while also getting more teammates involved?
- Will this be a confidence-building game for Jarreau?
- Can Aziz avoid foul trouble against a much smaller lineup that will likely try to take him away from the hoop on defense and stretch the floor?
- Can the Huskies build an early, comfortable lead and get deep into the bench?