Finally I get to sit down and watch a husky basketball game, start to finish. PAC 12 network, snowboarding, and kids broken arms have made this season challenging for me so far. Thanks to Ben Knibbe I have been able to read about how bad the Huskies have mostly been doing. Ben also asked me to do the post game tonight, so I am trying to repay the favor. My format and writing style will be different from Ben's but here we go:
- Gaddy steals the ball on the first possession. This was sign of how the second half would go. And not what you might think
- Huskies playing man to man which they did most of the night. I don't feel that defense played bad tonight. Losing the TO battle and tying on OREB was a bigger concern
- Gaddy had multiple bad passes in the fast break. He was better when he just kept the ball.
- The second half was really sloppy. I cant believe the teams only combined for 28 TO's. It seemed like 80.
- I kept waiting for the huskies to go on that run that would put this game away. It never happened. Very disappointing. Wilcox hit back to back 3's at one point but so did Jackson St.
- Jackson St. slowed the game way down when they seemed to have momentum. That seemed to be a big mistake at they didn't score the last 5+ minutes and only lost by 8.