Before I say good day, I'd just like to remind you that the gumbo was delicious and the Dots are not to be missed. I, in fact, missed them once upon a time and, well, now I get to stand here in front of you.
- Krista Vansant, the unquestioned leader of the Huskies Volleyball team, did a Q&A with the Seattle Times. It is nice for us to get a chance to see some pub for the non-revenue sports. The Huskies open up the NCAA Tournament tonight versus Central Arkansas.
- Check out this nice story on Kylin Munoz - a key contributor who has stepped up since Vansant's injury.
- The Women's Basketball team has had a couple of wins this week. Earlier, they squeaked by Pepperdine and, last night, they thrashed Portland behind a huge game from Jazmine Davis.
- Brandon Roy, who recently had yet another knee surgery, is said to be considering another retirement. This comeback has been an emotionally draining time for B-Roy. Many will criticize him for attempting it. For me, this is his chance at closure no matter how it ends up. I wish him well.
- The playing time situation in Sacramento is getting confusing for Isaiah Thomas in his ongoing battle for minutes with Jimmer Ferdette and Tyreke Evans.
- Terrence Ross is starting to come out of his shell. Warning, monster dunks live here:
- On the flip side, the poor decision by Tony Wroten to leave UW keeps getting worse as he has found himself assigned to the D-League (check out the comment section of the link - they are imploring T-Wro to find a jumper).
- Lots going on related to Husky Football. Ted Miller had a nice article a few days ago on the dreaded "7-5" disease - an affliction of mediocrity that affects many coaches and is almost always terminal.
- Brock Huard, echoing comments that many public personalities have made, expects a full QB competition this spring. That said, I think it would be foolish to hope that anyone has a realistic shot at unseating Keith Price short of some kind of dramatic melt down in the upcoming bowl game.
- I don't normally link to Steve Kelley mostly because I don't care for his tone or lack of wit in most of his columns. However, Mr. Kelley articulates the obvious in this piece and it probably will lead to some discussion.
- Speaking of obvious, the Chip Kelly to NFL rumors continue to persist. ProFootballWeekly is reporting that Chip has already met with the Eagles.
- Bill Moos is not very happy about the situation that led up to the mugging of Austin Seferian-Jenkins by a rabid Coug fan.
- Interestingly enough, some of our more seasoned blog members will recall that ASJ is NOT the first UW player to be accosted by a Coug fan following an Apple Cup. Funny how the past repeats itself.
That's all I got. I'm out. WOOF!