Biscuits for breakfast are ideal. Can't you be better at your job? Even the janitor knows what the Dot he's doing.
- Last night, I randomly thought of Johnnie Kirton and the daughter he left behind. I took it as inspiration to go and hug my own kids. I thought I'd share that with you.
- Lots of interesting non-Husky things going on in what some call the "Silly Season". For example, former Buff coach, Bill McCartney, jumped to Jon Embree's defense yesterday and pulled the race card. Oh, yes, he went there. The fact that he did so has raised some hackles in the fanbase - no doubt that they'd rather not have to deal with the issues. But, truthfully, this is a bigger issue than just the Colorado head coaching job and one that deserves some long overdue attention.
- SI's NFL Guru, Peter King, says that Chip Kelly is at the absolute top of GM's wish lists (and check out who is also on the list) as the NFL prepares to enter its own Silly Season.
- Aaron Fentress tackles the Chip Kelly conundrum in this post. I apologize for all the Duck content, but the Chip Kelly situation is a pretty significant one that has dramatic consequences in the here and now. As Fentress points out, the recruiting situation is one such consequence.
- David Shaw has won the PAC 12 coach of the year. While this is sure to surprise Kirk and Sundodger, I concur with the selection.
- The fallout from the Crapple Cup and all the action from last weekend is still being tabulated. Of chief concern is the Bowl lineup. Most projections have UW going to the Las Vegas bowl. However, some people still believe that UW will end up at the Sun Bowl (and I have a sneaking suspicion that this could very well happen). Here is CBS's projection.
- Steve Sarkisian made some pretty pointed comments on his radio show about the Apple Cup and the state of his team. I think Sark realizes he missed a chance to dash the idea of a "do or die season" for him in 2013 if he had pulled out this win. If he had won, he'd have a clear argument for having "made the next step" and set himself up to get a potential 9th win - a number that would have watershed implications. Instead, he is now backed into a corner where he MUST win just hold serve over last year. This can't be a pleasant feeling.
- Some eastsiders are taking great pleasure in coining a new phrase.
- You know things are bad when Deadspin starts referencing your team.
- This is what Coug Fans do for fun. Nothing says "celebrate!" like vandalizing a new stadium... or, for that matter, sucker punching an unexpecting opposing player.
- In a further sign of shame, Ted Miller drops UW way down in his Power Poll. The fact that two bowl ineligible teams are ranked ahead of UW is a pretty telling statement about how we are perceived out there.
- Mason Kelley has his "top 10" from the Apple Cup and it is, well, curious.
- At least UW can take some solace in the fact that not another P12 team returns as many starters next season.
- The Huskies have offered a scholarship to a sophomore ATH - Austin Joyner of Marysville ($). This is the second offer made to a 2015 prospect.
- Some of the football stink has definitely spread to the basketball court. However, UW's RPI still remains high given the fact that many of their opponents are better than one might initially think.
- The Times hosted a lengthy online chat with Lorenzo Romar - definitely worth a read.
- Oh, and Jerramy Stevens got arrested again. Hello!
- By the way, ASJ has a message for you:
I'm behind my QB and team no matter what— Soul Baby (@Aesj88) November 25, 2012