The Huskies opened fall camp with a brisk two hour workout yesterday in front of approximately 200 fans at Husky Stadium.
"I thought all in all it was a good first day," Sarkisian said. "It would be easy to say that it was a much better first practice this year than last year, if I needed to compare, but I thought our kids played fast, we were competitive, and by no means were we perfect, but I liked the energy that they brought."
- Play of the day: Locker to Kearse for 80 yards and a tug!
- Alameda Ta’amu is in the best shape I have seen him in the last 20 months.
- Sione Potoa’e is an explosive young man.
- Kevin Smith has extremely strong hands.
- Coach Cozzetto is a heck of a football coach, to get 7 true freshmen ready to practice the first day of fall camp.