The Mountain West and the Western Athletic Conference are taking it to the Pac 10 this year in non conference play. USC is the only unbeaten left in the the conference and that could hurt them late in the season when the BCS ratings come out. BYU quietly is knocking on the front door of the top ten.
1. USC 2-0....The Trojans start conference play with a Thursday night ESPN game against Oregon State. ( 1 )
2. Brigham Young 4-0....The BYU offense has cranked out over 100 points the last two weeks while shutting out both their opponents. (11)
4. Utah 4-0...A little closer than expected win over a decent Air Force squad. The Falcons are always a good change-up that teams have to adjust to. (17)
5. Boise State 3-0... I didn't have the Bronco's listed last week, but the win over Oregon vaults them up in the poll. (19)
5. Texas Christian 4-0...Keep an eye on these guys. All they tend to do is win under Gary Patterson. (24)
6. Fresno State 2-1...The Bulldogs will extend Rick Neuheisel and UCLA's misery this coming weekend. (25)
7. California 2-1...The bye week was probably a good thing since Tedford probably ran another camp to wake his team up after the Maryland loss.
8. Nevada Las Vegas 3-1...Nice win over Iowa State on the road shows that the Rebels are for real this year. For real though may only be an upper division finished in the highly competitive MWC.
9. Oregon 3-1....The Ducks play poorly for the second week in a row and the Boise State Bronco's move into the mix for post season BCS consideration.
10. Arizona 3-1....The Wildcats stay in the poll after a good win over UCLA.
Dropped out : Arizona State 2-2