So excited to find the Dawg Pound!! I have NO ONE to share my love/obsession of Husky football with except my parents. Born and bred a Husky fan. Early childhood memories involve Rose Bowls, Don James and Husky Cola?? I hail from the exciting town of Lompoc, CA. Sound familiar? Oh yes, home of our beloved NIP and now Lavon Coleman! Our family was known bc of our purple and gold cars and entire room's covered in Husky memorabilia. I have family all over the beautiful state of Washington (miss them terribly)...with a few in cough cough Oregon.
I may be a young fan but this is what I know so far:
1. Seattle is the best city ever....I have dreams about the gorgeous NW and driving the 19 hours to Husky Stadium.....I knew that route before I could drive. Cali may have In and Out but Seattle has Dick's.....someone give me some tartar sauce!!!!!
2. Oregon Duck fans are the worst fans in the entire world. My husband has requested that we stop going to Oregon vs. UW games because I get too mean. I softly barked in a man's face.....Whatever.
3. Husky fans are some of the sweetest people ever. I tailgated ( my first time) during the last game at the old Husky Stadium (yes that game ugghhh) and even though I knew no one, they fed my husband and I and even gave us shots of Crown. Say whattttt????
4. The Huskies will be great again! I believe! Granted the last time they were really good I was ummm 5? (I'm 27 btw) My time has come....my parents got to experience the DJ era greatness! I want something like that too!
5. Finding the perfect UW decal to put on my new Chevrolet Captiva is harder than naming my child.. How do I sum up my love for the Huskies with ONE sticker?
This girl need some fellow Husky fan advice:
I don't know if I will be able to attend any home games this year.....my heart hurts thinking about this. But I am pretty sure I am going to the Cal game on 10/11/2014 (only a 5 hr drive from here)....anyone been to that stadium before? Any tips on what hotels are decent in the area? Anything would be helpful....
Stay awesome Dawg fans!