There's a little boy and on his 14th birthday he gets a horse... and everybody in the village says, "how wonderful. The boy got a horse" And the Zen master says, "we'll see." Two years later, the boy falls off the horse, breaks his leg, and everyone in the village says, "How terrible." And the Zen master says, "We'll see." Then, a war breaks out and all the young men have to go off and fight... except the boy can't cause his legs all messed up. and everybody in the village says, "How wonderful."
- The members of the 2014 recruiting class (sans one minor exception) officially sent in their Letters of Intent yesterday, including top targets Budda Baker and Kaleb McGary. Kirk breaks down what it all means. Considering that Chris Petersen closed so strongly after having just two months to put together his coaching staff and get them on the recruiting trail, Washington fans have every reason to be excited to see what they can do with a year's worth of work and relationship-building in the bank.
- Check out GoHuskies.com's Signing Day Central for yourself. For you on-the-go types, download the PDF of the signee bios here.
- Adam Jude details how Washington's recruiting class went from dreadful to respectable in seven short week. He also has video of Pete's press conference yesterday afternoon.
- Gregg Bell says that the most surprising aspect of Washington's Signing Day experience was the utter lack of pandemonium that surrounded it.
- According to reports, Damore'ea Stringfellow and another Husky football player allegedly assaulted a Seahawks fan after the Hawks' Super Bowl victory Sunday evening. We're still waiting for the facts to come out about this, but Chris Petersen can't be thrilled to have the first high-profile disciplinary issue come across his desk so early into his tenure. UPDATE: Just as I was about to post these Dots, Twitter exploded.
UW announces Damore'ea Stringfellow and Cyler Miles have been suspended for violation of team rules— Dave Softy Mahler (@Softykjr) February 6, 2014
Obviously, we'll keep you updated in the days and weeks ahead as to how this plays out.
- Husky Stadium was nominated for Stadium Database's 2013 Stadium of the Year award. Particularly noteworthy is that Husky Stadium is the only facility in the United States to be nominated for the award.
- The men's golf team got to enjoy some weather that is in stark contrast to the –10º nonsense that I've been dealing with in Chicago for the last month.
Question of the Day
The 2014 recruiting class didn't have as many highly-rated players as last year's class (four four-star players in 2014 vs. eight in 2013), but the elephant in the room is that Chris Petersen put together the class in the space of just two months following his hiring as Washington's coach. How do you feel about the class of players that Washington brings in this year?