- Washington continues the yo-yo pattern of their basketball season, bouncing back from an embarrassing loss to Colorado to win a thriller 64–60 thriller Wednesday against Stanford. They tip off today at 12 p.m. Pacific against Cal, which is mired in its own 2–4 stretch. One observer likes Washington's chances this afternoon.
- Christian Caple writes that today provides the Huskies with a chance to avenge their 26-point loss to Cal last month.
- The women's basketball team continues to ride its hot hand, winning most recently by a score of 87–80 over Colorado.
- Rant Sports likes Hau'oli Kikaha to challenge for Washington's career sack record this season.
- Kevin Gemmell likes Washington's defense to be a candidate for best in the conference in 2014.
- Greg Ducre earned MVP honors at Friday's College All Star game in Greenville, S.C. after returning an interception 31 yards for a touchdown.
- Just in case you didn't know that the recruiting process is insane, here's a gentle reminder.
Question of the Day
After ranking fourth in the conference in giving up just 22.8 points per game, it's no surprise that ESPN's Gemmell consider's Washington's defense to be a strong candidate for the Pac-12's best in 2014. What do you think the defense needs to do to live up to such lofty expectations this fall?