With less than a week to go before Signing Day (Wednesday, February 5th), Chris Petersen is looking to put the final touches on his first recruiting class at the University of Washington. As of this writing (Thursday night) there are only 4-5 visitors slated to be here this weekend, but as always, last minute changes are possible. According to Scout.com and 247Sports, the following 4 players are expected to visit officially:
- Naijel Hale - a 4 star CB out of California; he's a long-time commit to Arizona, but has also been rumored for quite a few weeks now to be interested in what Washington has to offer; the son of the late, great Nate Dogg is one of several D1 prospects this year from St. John Bosco H.S. which also produced graduating seniors Keith Price and Will Shamburger
- Brayden Lenius - a 3 star WR/TE out of British Columbia by way of California; Lenius is a relative newcomer to football, having played 3 years in Canada before transferring to West Hills, CA to get more serious recruiting attention; he's a tall receiver (6'5") with a lot of upside, showcasing good hands and respectable speed; he's headed to Seattle immediately after concluding a mid-week visit to Utah, and has previously visited WSU and Minnesota
- Jojo McIntosh - a 3 star S out of California; McIntosh is teammates with Lenius; he had been a UCLA commit for a while, but opened things up in December and quickly committed to Washington, due in part to the UW's strength in his preferred major: Oceanography/Marine Biology
- John Turner - a 2-3 star OL out of California; Turner was a late riser on recruiting boards and committed to Washington in December over offers from Colorado and Cal
Additionally, Scout.com lists 2-3 star WR Donyeh Patterson out of California as a visitor this weekend, though he reportedly does not yet have an offer from the Huskies.
For a look at how these prospects would fit in to the current class, see the recruiting update I posted earlier this week.
As always, we'll keep you posted with news as it happens.
Friday morning update:
Add a few more names to the visit list:
- Jaimie Bryant - a 2-3 star DL/OL from Tumwater; Bryant committed for the 2013 class but then greyshirted when Sark ran out of space; Petersen has re-confirmed Bryant's offer and he'll take his official visit this weekend
- Devin Burleson - a 2 star OL from California; Burleson is currently committed to San Diego State; he's a relative newcomer to football recruiting, having focused more on basketball up until recently; he's a big kid at 6'8" and presumably has pretty good footwork
- DeJuan Butler - a 2 star CB from Santa Monica CC; he reportedly has offers from New Mexico State and Texas State; with a need for numbers at CB, I'm not surprised to see the staff taking a long look around for additional bodies; it's not clear at this point if he has an offer, but the staff will bring him in for a look