- C.J. Wilcox had a career night in UW's first win over a ranked team in 2 and a half seasons. Interestingly enough, the Huskies had a losing streak of 12 games against ranked opponents - easily the worst in the Pac 12. The next worst was 3 ... until last night.
- Last night's exhibition by Wilcox will go down as a highlight game for him in a variety of respects. His shooting was lights out, his movement without the ball was sublime and, impressively, his on-ball defense was eye-popping, including three blocked shots (all of which were straight up). NJ.com leveraged last night's performance to take a closer look at C.J. as he wraps up his Husky career.
- By the way, did you realize that the Utah win last week was Lorenzo Romar's 247th of his Washington career? In achieving it, LoRo passed Marv Harshman for 2nd all-time in UW wins. He still has about 241 to go if he plans on catching Hec Edmunson.
- On the flip side is the Women's Basketball team that decided to end their record Apple Cup streak in famous fashion by dropping their second straight to the Washington State Cougars. A little early for Groundhog's Day, don't you ladies think?
- Is Isaiah Thomas worthy of being an NBA all-star? Take a look at his numbers and decide for yourself.
- Despite still being in the recruiting dead period, we have plenty of football to cover, including Tim Booth's wrap up comments on the finalization of the Chris Petersen coaching staff. Interestingly, the Huskies have added a familiar face in the ranks of the newly signed graduate assistants.
- The UW Daily got some videos of a couple of the new / remaining UW coaches. First up? Keith Bhonapha.
- ... and Jordan Paopao.
- Early rankings for the 2014 CFB season are starting to percolate. Pacific Takes examines ESPN's 2014 pre-season ranks and notes that the Huskies make the way-too-early cut.
- One player who won't be with our 2014 team is Erik Kohler, who becomes the second 4-star O-Lineman in the Sark era to succumb to a medical retirement. Obviously, we all wish the best in health and good fortune for Erik.
- Keith Price is another guy who is moving on. Rant Sports has a full draft breakdown on the Huskies' record-setting quarterback.
- And, because it is recruiting season, let's revel in the misery associated with one of the kids we didn't get. John Plattenburg, a USC commit, talks about his recruiting experience, his relationship with Sarkisian and Washington, and what it was like to decommit from UCLA.
Question of the Day
The Huskies are now 3-1 in Pac 12 play with their big road trip to Arizona already behind them. Compare and contrast that to the panic in Eugene that is 1-3. Have your expectations for the Huskies ability to compete in the Pac 12 changed as we go into our Northern California road trip?