Normally, videos get slotted into the bottom of these kinds of posts. This one is too good to risk anybody passing it up. Courtesy of coachsark.tumblr.com, it's the highlights from the Huskies' first week of camp.
Some scrimmage dots:
- Will Shamburger may be establishing himself as the safety alongside Sean Parker. He was in around the ball a lot.
- John Ross continues to wow. He returned a punt 85 yards for a TD, and saw snaps out of the backfield. It's clear now that he's going to play as a true freshman (a lot) and seems to have somewhere near the same kind of skillset as De'Anthony Thomas. This kid could be a terror.
- Hau'oli Kikara is the newest Husky. Not really, it's just that Hau'oli Jamora changed his name. So we'll know who it is when we see someone named Kikara pound Joe Southwick for a sack in week 1.
- The big one: Austin Seferian-Jenkins has broken his pinkie finger. He's going to have surgery on it and miss some time. Steve Sarkisian would not say if that will cause him to miss any game time, and it is still unknown if the fallout from ASJ's DUI will cause any missed time either. Speculation is sure to abound.
- In a semi-surprise, Josh Perkins took the majority of the snaps with the ones at TE with ASJ out, indicating that he has passed Michael Hartvigson.
More from UW Dawg Pound:
- Scrimmage Notes, ASJ's Finger, And The Coolest Video You'll See Today
- Q and A with 2015 Washington recruit, Justin Simon
- Recruiting Bites: Washington makes Cheatham's top five
- Huskies Fall Camp News and Notes
- Huskies Fall Camp News and Notes (8/10)