We are family...I got all my dots with me
- There have been a lot of stories looking at the remarkable Trufant family as the youngest brother Desmond makes his transition to the NFL, but none better than this piece by SBN's Matt Ufford. It's a must-read.
- Even with the 2013 NFL draft just concluded, it's not too early to look ahead to next year. Over at CBS Sports, both Dane Brugler and Pete Prisco do just that, and it's no surprise that Austin Seferian-Jenkins is high on both lists.
- Jon Wilner takes a Pac-12 specific view of 2014 NFL draft prospects, and he sees the possibility of Keith Price climbing high up the draft boards. As he notes, it will require a stellar season, and even then, I suspect that KP's measurables will limit his draft upside.
- The ESPN Pac-12/Stanford blog has a nice Q&A with Coach Sark. Sark says to keep an eye on Cleveland Wallace - good to hear, as the CB spot opposite Marcus Peters is very much up for grabs.
- Also from Gemmell, in case you needed more reminding of how far the football program has fallen in recent years, here's a recap of draft choices since 2000 from the Pac-12 schools (hint: the UW is very far down the list).
- Along similar lines, Jon Wilner takes a look at Pac-12 draft numbers over the last 5 drafts and compares those with win totals. The good news? The UW has gotten the most bang for the buck out of their draft picks. The bad news? Not enough draft picks.
- From ESPN's Husky Nation site, a recap of stud 2014 RB prospect Joe Mixon's visit for the Spring Game ($). Mixon is very high on the Huskies, and may even have an early inside track on him, but don't expect an early commitment.
- Also taking in the Spring Game was local stud RB/LB Devante Downs, and Erik McKinney recaps his visit ($). Downs is currently locked in on playing RB, and while the schools recruiting him are giving him that option, I would expect him to eventually wind up at OLB, DE or possibly an H-Back/TE type role.
- The Pac-12 Networks is counting down their picks for the top 12 players in the conference starting tonight at 7PM PT.
- The UW has scheduled a public memorial for Marv Harshman for Saturday, May 11th. It'll start at 1PM on the Harshman Court in Hec Ed.
- In non-revenue sports news, the Husky Golfers are competing in the Pac-12 Championship and are sitting in 3rd place halfway through.
Question of the day:
Husky fans have been on a roller-coaster ride with Keith Price as QB, from the highs of his breakout in 2011 through the lows of a disappointing 2012 season. Jon Wilner thinks he has the potential (given his position) to possibly climb as high as the 1st round in next year's NFL draft - what do you think? What's his upside as an NFL prospect, and do you think he'll reach that upside?