When I was a kid, when I was a little boy, I always wanted to be a dinosaur, I wanted to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex more than anything in the world. I made my arms short and I roamed the back yard, I chased the neighborhood cats, I growled and I roared, everybody knew me and was afraid of me. And one day, my dad said "Bobby, you are 17, it's time to throw childish things aside" and I said "O.K., Pop", but he didn't really say that. He said, "Stop being a ******* dinosaur and get a job".
- Cougin' it, and Cougin' it, and Cougin' it well.
The allegations that Tosh Lupoi paid $4,500 to help 2013 signee Andrew Basham raise his grades in order to enroll at Washington have picked up a head of steam. ESPN's Ivan Maisel weighs in on the Tosh rumors, as does the LA Daily News' Vincent Bonsignore. Perhaps the biggest development in the story so far is Tosh signaling via Twitter that he'll go for broke in fighting the charges.
Coach Pete made an appearance on the Dan Patrick Show to talk about his vision for the program. Check it out below.
- Chris zooms out and reminds us that Washington is, in fact, playing in a bowl game against BYU later this week.
- The Dawgs have received a flurry of commitments and decommitments since Sark's departure and Petersen's arrival, including one this week from tight end Drew Sample of Bellevue's Newport High School. Keep track of Washington's recruiting roller coaster over at our open recruiting thread.
- Uber recruit Budda Baker is headed to Eugene.
I AM OFFICIALLY COMMITTED TO... pic.twitter.com/JYReedT483— budda baker (@buddabaker32) December 20, 2013
- The Baller Dogs take on the other Huskies of UCONN today in a 12:30 p.m. tip-off. Percy Allen has the preview.
- After a thrilling come-from-behind victory over USC to make it to the Final Four, the Lady Volleyballers looked listless in losing in straight sets to a Penn State team that looked nothing short of dominant. Their lackluster night doesn't take away from the magical season that junior Krista Vansant had, en route to earning national player of the year honors, the first Husky to do so.
Question of the Day
Whether they're true or not, it seems like the charges against Tosh Lupoi will make it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for Petersen to make him a part of his staff, no matter how stellar his recruiting acumen may be. Knowing what we do now, do you think that Lupoi should be a member of the UW coaching staff in 2014?