It was a long week of travels for me as I tended to the activities that actually pay the mortgage. Apparently, my DawgPound colleagues didn't get the memo (ahem, Dots?, ahem). Never fear, I'm here with a few last minute Dots to whet your whistle as we prepare for today's Chopping of the Tree.
Game Info: 7:30pm PT / 9:30pm CT, Stanford Stadium, Palo Alto, CA
TV: ESPN (DirecTV Ch. 206)
Satellite Radio: Sirius XM Ch. 85
Streaming Audio: TuneIn
- The Huskies are in a game with national implications for the first time in a long time. The two longest tenured players on this club, S Will Shamburger and QB Keith Price, remember where this team has come from and reminisce in the latest from Gregg Bell in his Unleashed series. This is a big day for these two young men.
- How big is this game? A win today would be UW's first 5-0 start since when? 1992. Think about that team for just a moment. Wow.
- Bill Connelly of SB Nation calls takes a long look at tonight's game and notes that this is the Huskies "golden opportunity" to prove to the doubters (and there appear to be some even amongst our own fanbase) that they are a legit P12 contender in 2013. Bill really did his homework on this one and covers some Husky history to put this game in perspective. Must read.
- ESPN's Rece Davis highlights UW and Stanford in his weekly Gameday Kickoff column noting that Coach Sark thinks the buzz around this game is "pretty cool" for his team.
- Dean Oliver of ESPN's Stats and Info Department asked a similar question: Are we in the midst of UW's "breakthrough" season? You'll enjoy this analysis. ($)
- The Sideline View has their own unique preview of tonight's matchup.
- Want to hear the last public words that Coach Sark has on tonight's game? Check out Softy's 6 minute interview with him from yesterday:
- Stewart Mandel of SI.com led off his "Inside College Football" column with a great look at how Steve Sarkisian and Keith Price are working together to revive a "once-proud" program. Man, how old does that phrase make you feel (I'm looking at Mike, Brad, John, Kirk, Husky 57, Golf Honcho and some of the other old guys out there)?
- The ESPN Pac12 / Stanford Blog did a nice Q&A with the top safety in the P12 so far this year, our very own Sean Parker.
- David Pollock of ESPN debated which of the two among tonight's starting QB's he'd take in a faceoff. UW fans will appreciate his answer.
- Also from ESPN.com, the College Gameday clip on Keith Price with riffs on his relationship with Seahawks QB Russell Wilson and the pressure of replacing Jake Locker.
- Anthony did a Q&A with GoMightyCard - worth a read if for no other reason than to see how little respect the interviewer has for the UW as an opponent.
- While looking past Stanford is a really bad idea, I can confirm the answer to the question below is "Yes". Incidentally, UW and Oregon are currently scheduled to kickoff at 1pm PT / 3pm CT on Fox Sports 1 next week at Husky Stadium.
Did Fowler just say that if UW beats Stanford then ESPN game day would be in Seattle next week?— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) October 5, 2013
- The recent opening of the HC position at USC has brought a lot of attention to the status of both pro and college football in the Seattle area. The LA Times ran a little story that looks at the parallel success that Pete Carroll and Steve Sarkisian are having with their respective programs.
- We haven't dotted to The Go2Guy in a while, so there is this:
If someone put a gun to my head & said I have to bet everything I have on UW or Stanford, I'd take Dawgs and 8. But I hope they lose by 80.— Jim Moore (@cougsgo) October 5, 2013