Don't be fooled by the vulgar and diseased vermin. If it walks, and it talks, then it is certainly deserving of its fate. No dots but a cascade of buckshot is all that is required. Now, get on with it. I grow tired of your hesitation.
- Big night last night for Isaiah Thomas. He racked up a jam-packed stat line and a buzzer beater to beat John Wall and the Wizards on the road...all while celebrating the first birthday of his son. Happy Birthday, Jaiden! I know you can't read yet but, well, neither can many of our members. So you'll fit right in.
Happy 1st bday to my Lil mans Jaiden...lockerz.com/s/280149168
- Off the court, IT has struggled with the controversy surrounding the Kings and their possible move to Seattle. Condotta caught up with him while on his special assignment last week. It must be an awkward situation for the Seattle native and beloved NW basketball icon.
- Another MBB alum, Spencer Hawes, is still a hero among the tech-nerd crowd.
- Romar was on the air yesterday and had a great deal to say about his team. A couple of his key arguments include the fact that his teams have lost three in a row in P12 play before and still come back to have good seasons, Abdul Gaddy seems to be coming around but his turnovers go up when his scoring goes up and the progress of Andrew Andrews is one of the reasons he remains optimistic about the team going forward.
- This was done last week and retweeted by AC at the time, but still a good read from Kevin Pelton. KP2 makes the argument that Andrews is deserving of more time on the floor by looking at Romar's guard rotations in depth.
- The struggles of the UW MBB team at home this year is taking its toll on attendance and student section enthusiasm. Not surprising given the rather fickle nature of NW fans.
- The Daily has a nice biopic piece on Aziz N'Diaye who, incidentally, is quickly becoming a draftable prospect as a senior. As Romar noted in his radio show, the team has been given firm marching orders that the offense needs to go through Aziz from here on out. If his trajectory stays the same, he could really boost his stock over this last third of the season.
- Jake Locker is on the road to recovery following his surgery. He has a big offseason ahead of him as it looks like he and the regime that drafted him are going to get one more season before the plug gets pulled and the Titans begin the process of rebuilding ... again.
- Speaking of the football team, the Husky Haul is wondering if Eddie Vanderdoes is this year's Shaq Thompson for the Sark and Crew. Kirk D has that question, and all your other recruiting queries, under control in his latest update.
- As Kirk noted, Tyree and Tyrell Robinson are still looking at UW as Sark tries to take advantage of the coaching change at Oregon. Apparently, another big name coach is trying to make life hard for the Ducks ... and in a big way.
- Damore'e Stringfellow has a goal. Help a dawg out!
S/O to all my new husky followers! Go dawgs!— Damore'eStringfellow (@Filo_wiz9) January 29, 2013
- The rise of Johnny Manziel at Texas A&M has created a transfer situation for a high-profile dual-threat QB prospect, and a few P12 programs are in on the opportunity.
- The Men's Tennis team is starting to put together a pretty good run, and they are starting to dream about being a host site for the NCAAs.
- Finally, we are less than a week out from the start of the UW Softball season (can you believe that?). Here is a preview from GoHuskies to get you acclimated to some of the names and themes on this year's team.
Don't forget to check out the P12 Signing Day preview video below.