The Force, Desmond Trufant and Gekko...one and the same or different? The answer to that an other mystifying questions in today's Dots.
Mr. Takamura understood it, even if the sycophants responsible for wringing every last ounce of both will and profit out of the men of this outpost couldn't. Machine 8 was all that stood between these men and a terrible fate. It was cold outside and today was certain to bring Dots down upon all of them.
- The news is at a snail's pace right now as the football world is focused on Harbaugh-geddon. That said, the Senior Bowl is underway and UW's only draftable senior is making hay.
Hearing scouts are now branding Desmond Trufant/CB/Washington as a "lock 1st round pick"...more notes in an hour..— Tony Pauline (@TonyPauline) January 23, 2013
- Daniel Jeremiah of the NFL Network supports this notion noting Tru as his #1 Riser at the Senior Bowl so far.
- Rob Rang, as you might expect, has been all over the Desmond Trufant situation as he has been the rest of the Senior Bowl. Good write up here.
- Desmond is having such a good Senior Bowl that he is not only acting the part of shutdown corner, he is also venturing into the world of scouting. Note his comments on another high profile participant.
- You may have heard that there is going to be a new Star Wars movie in 2015. You may not have heard that JJ Abrams is going to direct it. Considering how abhorrently awful the three prequels were, this has to be electrifying news to the aging die-hards. One thing I'm looking forward to? The Bride of Chewbacca:
- I forgot to link to this last month, so I'm catching up now. A certain UW Freshman was honored with a slot on CBS's All-Freshman first team.
- There will be a little Husky flavor to the upcoming Harbaugh Bowl. Dashon Goldson continues to star for the San Francisco 49ers. Apparently, his aunt is a very big fan.
- Trouble for another Fogerson. This I just don't get.
- Trouble for the rest of the Pac12. Kasen Williams is joining the Track Team.
- In dropping a second straight game to a previously winless Pac12 team, the Men's BB Team is showing us that they aren't good at a lot of things. However, they can take pride in making bad teams look great and in making stars out of bench warmers.
- Oh, and Terrence Ross is getting closer and closer to getting a spot in this year's Dunk Contest. Booya!
- Husky great, Ray Horton - a man who wasn't too pleased with how he lost out on the head job for the Arizona Cardinals - has landed himself a new gig as the DC for the Cleveland Browns.
- Surprise! Ryan Leaf is back in prison. Not to piss on a man while he's down, but I feel no sadness about this and I do not have any urge to mutter the far overused phrase that this just "so sad".
- While I'm on the subject of the Cougs, I don't want to forget to recognize the extension of the 36 game (yes, 36!) winning streak that the Lady Dawgs have going against the Cougs.