Behold the fool saith, "Put not all thine Dots in the one basket", but the wise man saith, "Put all your Dots in the one basket and WATCH THAT BASKET."
- With the Fiesta Bowl just a day away, the talk of Phoenix/Scottsdale/Glendale is the fact that Chip Kelly is interviewing with, well, just about everybody. I am aware that some people have speculated that Chip may be less inclined to leave than has been reported, but that logic seems to disintegrate against the background of multiple job interviews and not accompanying the team back home on their flight to Eugene.
- Charlie Casserly, an experienced NFL exec, casts doubt on the potential of Kelly to be successful in the NFL while Ian Rappaport thinks a name you might be familiar with may be a top college name to watch.
- The Husky Haul calls the 2012 season a disappointment for UW ... but with a caveat that the future looks bright.
- To balance out that last dot, I must point out that ESPN's Travis Haney has called out UW as a "surprise team" for 2013 and, in doing so, has assuredly cursed our beloved Dawgs. But, whatever.
- Recruiting is in the news with the Semper Fidelis All America Bowl for high school all-stars to be played on Friday. Apparently, Elijah Qualls has been doing a little of everything and is one of three Husky commits who rank in 247's JC Shurburtt's top 10 for the week.
- Apparently, Elijah is on a mission at the SemperFiBowl:
- Another big target for UW is Defensive End Austin Hooper (also at the SemperFiBowl) who is expected to make his announcement after he squeezes in two more visits - one each to the Oregon schools ($).
- The U.S. Army game is also being played this week. SI is expecting an announcement from another major UW target there ... and they have predictions!
- Eddie Vanderdoes is at the Army game and checked in for an online chat with Rivals. You recruiting nuts will love it.
- Appropriately, Rant Sports is calling for the head of Lorenzo Romar. Here is what Kevin Cacabelos thinks about that:
hahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahhahahhahahhahahahahahahahahaha"Washington Needs To Fire Lorenzo Romar bit.ly/TuI8uW"— Kevin Cacabelos (@KevinCacabelos) January 2, 2013
- Things are deteriorating for Brandon Roy as he has suffered a setback in his recovery. While he is saying that he wants to keep his options open, the writing is clearly projected on the wall in pulsating neon. Hard to believe that this young man isn't yet 30. Godspeed, B-Roy.
- Dybas has some basketball notes including some observations on the strength of the P12 conference heading into league play (which kicks off tonight).
- Tony Wroten got recalled back to the Memphis Grizzlies on New Year's Eve just in time to get a DNP-Coach's Decision against the Indiana Pacers.
That's all the dots I got. Shut up and eat 'em.