SEATTLE, WA - SEPTEMBER 01: Kasen Williams #2 of the Washington Huskies rushes for a touchdown against the San Diego State Aztecs on September 1, 2012 at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, Washington. The Huskies defeated the Aztecs 21-12. (Photo by Otto Greule Jr/Getty Images)
The dawn of age of consumerism, which arguably occurred in the immediate years following WWII, was a plight that permanently pocked the flesh of the American spirit. Spurred by the unjust division of wealth and perpetuated by the caitiff promotion of disingenuous figures like Ed Sullivan and Kermit the Frog, said consumerism enveloped the American public like a tsunami that, to this day, continues with its enduring effort to drown the remaining vestiges of national unity. Oh, excuse me. I'll take a Bombay and tonic with a twist of lime, but only if that lime is ripe, please. And make sure that the tonic isn't that Diet tommyrot. And dots. Don't forget the damn dots. Now, where was I?
- Here are some post-game reports to link to for you to waste a morning away with.
> The ESPN Blog has an "instant analysis" credited to Mason Kelly
> Condotta transcribes Sark's post-game press conference with his "Sark Bites"
> Dave Boling says that UW may have found a D
> Here is the review of the game from the San Diego State point of view
> Todd Miles says that UW is off to a good start
- LSU, you may have heard that we are playing them next week, had a nice opening week win over North Texas. Here are some links to feed your thirst of LSU insights.
> And The Valley Shook.com had an "instant analysis" that was positive but less that enthusiastic
> ESPN says that LSU was more run oriented than originally expected with the arrival of Zach Mettenberg
> Yahoo has a "Fan's Reaction" to LSU's win ... you'll note the same lack of enthusiasm that you likely felt in watching the Dawgs game
- Interesting "day after" note out of San Diego ... Rocky Long says that the "go for it" chart is here to stay despite the failures in the UW game. In the piece are some of Long's assessments of what happened after having viewed game tape.
- SB Nation speculates that UW, with a strong defensive performance, may have answered enough questions in voters' minds to move up the AP top 25 poll.
- The Husky Haul has questions, just like you, about that O-Line. Obviously, I'm concerned, too. However, I think that a lot of what we are reacting too is the pressure that Keith Price was under and much of that has to do with play calling and making sure that backs are staying home to protect the QB. The second part, line communications, can now be fixed given that they have real game tape to teach with.
- Mason Kelly has a Husky Nation mailbag (which I believe is free content).
- One time Husky recruit, Jesse Scroggins, is starting his career at El Camino with eyes on breaking some records set by some guy name Sark.
- The Huskies Men's BBall team got crushed, yes crushed, versus Monaco. Cold shooting and an inability to handle the zone defense were the main culprits.
- In better non-football news, some good results from both Men's and Women's soccer.
- Some UW / SDSU Highlights
- Some LSU / North Texas Highlights