Husky Links ... Exalting a Glorious Victory
D stands for Defense. Glorious, beautiful, nasty, stank, filthy Defense. Screw Dots.
- In case you missed Sark's instant reaction, here he is with Samantha Steele:
- Ted Miller with the Instant Analysis. I like this bit he does, but I take issue with the comment that the win somehow makes the conference look weaker. If anything, it reiterates that exceptional parity in the conference.
- Here is the always thorough AP write-up on the Husky victory.
- Jerry Brewer says that the Huskies were not offensive in the least.
- Kevin Gemmell wrote the post-game piece for the ESPN Pac 12 Blog and notes that UW surprised everyone but themselves.
- Avinash over at Pacific Takes has two write ups on the game recap. The first is from the Stanford POV where he wonders what happened to Pep Hamilton's offense. The second is from UW's position and focuses on Sark's penchant for laying it all out there.
- Stewart Mandel had an interesting take on the "Rattle in Seattle". He counters Ted Miller's position that you can somehow infer that because LSU whipped UW and UW beat Stanford who happened to beat USC there is some uber conclusion that you can draw on the strength of conferences. It's a great read.
- CBS Sports focuses on Josh Nunes's epic fail. I see where Dennis Dodd is going here, but I have to say that the number of passes dropped by Ty Montgomery was the same as those dropped by Kasen and, frankly, outside of Ertz, the UW took every other piece away from Nunes. I'm not sure what you could expect from a new QB making his first road start when he had no running game to lean on.
- The local reaction from the Bay Area also focused on the Cardinal struggles, but includes some very complimentary comments from the Stanford players on how this UW team is completely different than last year's.
- Mason Kelly notes that this game was well attended by prospective recruiting targets and that the win should score Sark some recruiting points ($). Interestingly enough, and in a bit of odd timing, DE prospect Marcus Farria decommitted ($). Not sure what that is about, but it is a shame. These are the kinds of athletes we are dying for.
UPDATE: Farria has now said that he has NOT decommitted. Let's hope this is true.
- In some non upset news, it looks like Larry Scott is deep negotiations to add a seventh bowl game with a eye towards partnering with the Big 12. I hope these negotiations go better than the DirecTV (and I won't comment on the fact that Larry Scott has said that those talks are basically dead).
- Finally, a little golf news. UW won Golf Week's College Team of the Week award. If you are a subscriber, they have a great article on Chris Williams who they call the top amateur in the world. And, not to be outdone, the Women's golf team is ranked #1. Between Golf, Volleyball, Football and Soccer, there is a lot of good mojo going around UW Athletics right now. Go Dawgs!